Windows 10: User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

Discus and support User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Mayerowitz, May 26, 2022.

1. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and to have the contents of folder HP to be the contents pf the new c:\Users\pmaye folder.

:)

Paul Mayerowitz, May 26, 2022
Thema:

User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

1. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed - Similar Threads - User Name Folder

2. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  3. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  4. Rename the user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename the user folder: Hello!I just bought a new computer with Windows 11. When I set it up it asked me for my full name. when the setup guide finished I noticed that my user folder had my full name C:\users<user name>. The problem is that my name is Björn and Ö is not a standard letter. Having...
  5. Rename the user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename the user folder: Hello!I just bought a new computer with Windows 11. When I set it up it asked me for my full name. when the setup guide finished I noticed that my user folder had my full name C:\users<user name>. The problem is that my name is Björn and Ö is not a standard letter. Having...
  6. Rename C:/Users/<name>

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename C:/Users/<name>: How do I rename the above specified directory? I changed it through registry editor but after that my start menu failed and I've reset my PC. Please help me out with this submitted by /u/HarishRaj21 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\<user name> without...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any way to rename user folder name aka this : C:\Users\<user name> without...: i am trying to rename this because my current folder name is kind of a joke. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-rename-user-folder-name-aka/4858d831-8cf8-4422-b0c7-3f2b69fae403
  8. How to Rename user folder name ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Rename user folder name ?: As you can guess from the title. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsczbw/how_to_rename_user_folder_name/
  9. Rename a User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename a User folder: Hello there! I need to change my User name. I changed th name in the Registry editor here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.But I cannot rename the particular folder inside the Users folder, I simply don't have such an option after...
  10. how to rename a user name but i cannot find it

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to rename a user name but i cannot find it: I went through all the steps, but the name of only my account. I do see the file name under users subdirectory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-a-user-name-but-i-cannot-find-it/17ff0116-dac0-4c3e-8024-a040206ef585