Windows 10: User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel

Discus and support User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've changed my user name on windows 10 on "Control Panel" from ASUS to Syafa Hadyan but, in C/Users the user name not changed [ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Syafa Hadyan Rasendriya, Apr 12, 2021.

1. User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel

I've changed my user name on windows 10 on "Control Panel" from ASUS to Syafa Hadyan but, in C/Users the user name not changed

User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel 9d938856-6b72-429c-85b5-1ee558f89be9?upload=true.png User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel c13f15a4-cf45-46fd-ae1b-190a56751df9?upload=true.png

:)

Syafa Hadyan Rasendriya, Apr 12, 2021

2. user name change

There is no option in Win 10 User Accounts to change the name that appears on the Windows log in screen.

alan sears, Apr 12, 2021
  3. How To Change User Name?

Hi,

Changing your user name can be done using either the Settings app or Control Panel, depending on the user account you're using. Follow the steps below:

Using a Microsoft user account

• Open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Your info on the left pane.
    • Click Manage my Microsoft account.
    • In the main page click the Edit name link.
    • Edit your name, then click Save.
    Using a Local account

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click the Change account type link
    • Select your local account.
    • Click Change the account name.
    • Enter your new name, then click Change Name.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Apr 12, 2021
  4. User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel

1. User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel - Similar Threads - User Name Users

2. c:\Users\name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    c:\Users\name change: In my Users directory my name is a number, 19728, shown as C:\Users\19728. When I transfer files in other programs the number shows and I need it to be my name. How can I change this to be:C:\Users\Dennis ???Please let me know, Dennis...
  3. c:\Users\name change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c:\Users\name change: In my Users directory my name is a number, 19728, shown as C:\Users\19728. When I transfer files in other programs the number shows and I need it to be my name. How can I change this to be:C:\Users\Dennis ???Please let me know, Dennis...
  4. c:\Users\name change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't change user name is C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change user name is C:\Users: I'm using Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion 21H2I clean installed this OS and while installation I used my registered email ID.Now I noticed that C:\Users\ has a folder with wrong spelling of my name that I would like to change.I tried to rename it in safe mode and by...
  6. Can't change user name is C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change user name is C:\Users: I'm using Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion 21H2I clean installed this OS and while installation I used my registered email ID.Now I noticed that C:\Users\ has a folder with wrong spelling of my name that I would like to change.I tried to rename it in safe mode and by...
  7. Changing the name of user under C:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the name of user under C:\users: Windows 10 ver 20H2 build 19042.928 I just got a refurbished second hand computer and would like to change the user name which is shown under C:\users to one of my own.own liking. Will someone please tell me how, if possible, to do that? Thank you. 179010
  8. Changing c:/Users/Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing c:/Users/Name: I've seen a guide here about how to change my folder name in my local disk. The guide was very helpful! It worked, but once I changed the name of my user file, when I restarted my pc, there was no personal data left, it was like I did a format but it only got rid of...
  9. C/Users/*name* change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    C/Users/*name* change: I got this new W10 computer and the guy that set it up for me put in 'owner' as the default name, it's what shows up when booting. If I change the name to something that I would rather have, does it affect all the things under the /User/owner/.... folders, so that some...
  10. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...