Windows 10: User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user...

Discus and support User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Chramir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsucm4/user_name_changed_in_the_start_menu_but_when_i/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chramir, Feb 26, 2021.

1. User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user...

/u/Chramir, Feb 26, 2021

2. How to disable User name from Start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you would like to remove user name from Start menu. 3

I would like to inform you that this feature is by design and would not be able to delete the User name from the Start menu.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

However you may, customize the Start menu tiles. Follow the below steps:

• Type Settings on the search bar and select
      Settings.
    2. Click on
    Personalization and choose Start.

Here you will be able to customize the Start screen as you wish.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 26, 2021
  3. user name change

There is no option in Win 10 User Accounts to change the name that appears on the Windows log in screen.

alan sears, Feb 26, 2021
  4. User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user...

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user...

1. User name changed in the start menu. But when I log in it's still my name and the user... - Similar Threads - User name changed

2. User name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User name change: I had a user name in my laptop. Then I signed in my microsoft outlook account. My pc now shows that Microsoft account name. I wanna change my user name. But still the user name as in the command prompt did not change. How to change my user name. Moreover, in my control pannel...
  3. Change User Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change User Name: Hello, I recently refreshed my windows 11 and the user name was set to 'hp'. I went to settings and renamed it. However, the folder present in c:\Users\User Name hasn't changed yet. I tried restarting and renaming. No effect. Please help.......
  4. Change User Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change User Name: A few years back we had to get our computer fixed.The repair guy was great, fixed the computer but he incorrectly spelt my husband's User name should be Paul. It's been bugging me ever since.Is there anyway I can change/amend this?...
  5. "Changing" User name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Changing" User name?: I have read that changing the user name is difficult if not near impossible but I am thinking more like creating a new local account, copying across any data and then deleting the original account.I am just looking for the best way to do this.Now we tried adding a new "other...
  6. Changing user name

Changing user name: I have installed windows 10 on my virtual machine recently, and my user name shows "Abhij" which is a part of my name "Abhijith kalwakol", I had this issue so I changed my name on the Microsoft account page to "Abhi k" and reinstalled a new Windows 10 virtual machine, but...
  7. Changing User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing User Name: Hi, I am trying to change the old user name on my computer to my user name, can you help me find where to start?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-user-name/38c3757b-f7bc-4321-af6c-819c56d53442
  8. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  9. CHANGING USER NAMES

CHANGING USER NAMES: Am using Windows 10 on two different laptops which, when in use are logged into the same MS account. I have a particular piece of software on each laptop where I want to set the backup path to my OneDrive, however, the path on each laptop differs slightly, as follows:...
  10. Change User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change User Name: Hi all. I'd like to change the user name still in the picture to something else. How do I go about doing that? Going to bed now. Will check tomorrow afternoon. TIA, Steven [img] 77239