Windows 10: User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.

Discus and support User name folder and CMD user name incorrect. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is the issue. I might input wrong username years ago when I got my last laptop during registration. The wrong user name might sync to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arafat Gheyret, Mar 13, 2020.

1. User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.

Here is the issue. I might input wrong username years ago when I got my last laptop during registration.
    The wrong user name might sync to windows cloud or somewhere then I was never able to correct it.
    Even I change the user name manually by modifying the registry by logging in the built-in admin account.

As long as I restore the device the wrong name comes back again.Including user folder name in C drive and

CMD command line. I think it might be sync problem but I can not fix it. Anyone can help?

:)

Arafat Gheyret, Mar 13, 2020

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 13, 2020
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Ryan_2013 Win User

User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.

1. User name folder and CMD user name incorrect. - Similar Threads - User name folder

2. Incorrect Active User Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Active User Name: HelloWhen I open a any document word, excel, publisher on the right top corner my name is correct but the initials are incorrect. When I click on the initials icon I went to office user info and there is a different name but my email address. I tried going into File - Options...
  3. Incorrect Active User Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Active User Name: HelloWhen I open a any document word, excel, publisher on the right top corner my name is correct but the initials are incorrect. When I click on the initials icon I went to office user info and there is a different name but my email address. I tried going into File - Options...
  4. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  5. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  6. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  7. Incorrect User Names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect User Names: When I transferred my system to a new computer, the user names are incorrect for my microsoft acct and I am unable some of my documents. How can I fix this?There is also an unknown account manager....
  8. User Folder Name Incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Name Incorrect: Hi all, I know that other posts exist about this problem, but they all seem fairly old so I'm hoping there's a newer (more reliable) solution. I registered my Windows 10 Home Laptop with my pre-existing user account. My name is right in the settings, but for some reason,...
  9. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  10. Incorrect User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect User Name: I am the sole user of my PC and so I set it up to by-pass the password entry screen and boot straight into the start screen. Two weeks ago I started to receive an error message on start up. The message tells me that the username or password is incorrect, try again. When...