Windows 10: User Name I don't Recognise

Discus and support User Name I don't Recognise in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've noticed a user appearing in my Event Viewer. I also found the user by digging through the registry - not under any obvious users but when I click... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fido2018, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Fido2018 Win User

User Name I don't Recognise

I've noticed a user appearing in my Event Viewer. I also found the user by digging through the registry - not under any obvious users but when I click into various keys re permissions I can see it there.

Could this user be appearing because they are part of our Microsoft family account? Or is it because they have a profile on this pc?

As far as I'm aware there is no profile belonging to that email/user on the pc, however I'm wondering if it could be a local account used by another admin on the pc? I do know there is someone by that name on our Microsoft family account as a child, but they have never had direct access to this pc.

Thanks

:)

Fido2018, Dec 7, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Dec 7, 2018
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 7, 2018
  4. User Name I don't Recognise

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

User Name I don't Recognise

1. User Name I don't Recognise - Similar Threads - User Name don't

2. Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise: HiI always have all my settings switched to OFF camera/bluetooth/microphone/file sharing/wifi/radio almost everything that can be off is off. This morning I turned on the PC to find that everything was switched ON. which is another concern, why does this happen? has my pc...
  3. Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise: HiI always have all my settings switched to OFF camera/bluetooth/microphone/file sharing/wifi/radio almost everything that can be off is off. This morning I turned on the PC to find that everything was switched ON. which is another concern, why does this happen? has my pc...
  4. Bluetooth 'other devices' I don't recognise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. don't recognise user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    don't recognise user profile: My paid by before owner Windows 11 Professional on my laptop Dell failed in order that not recognise anymore my username.Please check my licence and account. Today 22.07.2023 a company from Romania Timișoara city named R-mobile sold me a Windows 10 Pro licence but not shure...
  6. don't recognise user profile

don't recognise user profile: My paid by before owner Windows 11 Professional on my laptop Dell failed in order that not recognise anymore my username.Please check my licence and account. Today 22.07.2023 a company from Romania Timișoara city named R-mobile sold me a Windows 10 Pro licence but not shure...
  7. Users folder name does name match user name

Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  8. Account name not recognised

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account name not recognised: I have a 365 Business Standard account through my company. Microsoft recognize my email good enough to log into this forum but when I try to use it to set up a new laptop it says 'That Microsoft account doesn't exist'......
  9. Incorrectly recognised name of SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrectly recognised name of SSD: Hello, I recently bought a crucial MX500 1TB SSD to replace my MX500 250GB SSD. I have the 250GB SSD connected to my laptop through a SATA III to USB adapter. I am currently using the 1TB SSD. However, Windows seems to get its name messed up. It is able to recognise...
  10. Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why am I seeing these 5 startup items named with my first name of my User name which don't...: It's sooo frustrating. How do I remove these? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-am-i-seeing-these-5-startup-items-named-with/7db6cda2-aa4b-4b4e-a330-1eeaad6e3d2a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my xbox account have a user name i dont recognise