Windows 10: User name in Windows 10 directory is not correct

Discus and support User name in Windows 10 directory is not correct in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When installing Windows 10 on my laptop, the user directory name only contains the first five letters of my first name. Is this normal? I reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AV_486, Oct 26, 2018.

1. AV_486 Win User

User name in Windows 10 directory is not correct

When installing Windows 10 on my laptop, the user directory name only contains the first five letters of my first name. Is this normal? I reset my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10 but have the same result. I was never prompted for this information.

:)

AV_486, Oct 26, 2018
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

User name in Windows 10 directory is not correct [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 26, 2018
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Oct 26, 2018
  4. User name in Windows 10 directory is not correct

How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

Anthony Pontecorvo1, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

User name in Windows 10 directory is not correct

1. User name in Windows 10 directory is not correct - Similar Threads - User name directory

2. correct user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    correct user name: i changed my user name, but microsoft keeps using the old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-user-name/0177e2b5-d1d9-4032-87ce-848cb8a1e374
  3. Trying to correct Windows 10 user name

Trying to correct Windows 10 user name: Based on suggestions from here, I've tried using the Windows key + R, typing NETPLWIZ which seemed to me to correct the user name... but it didn't correct the name on the user's folder.... Right clicking on misspelled user folder name didn't offer an option to 'rename'...
  4. Renaming the User directory name in Windows 10

Renaming the User directory name in Windows 10: How do i rename the User directory name in Windows 10. This was truncated during the installation process.... thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-the-user-directory-name-in-windows-10/8c8e3ec0-8083-40a4-b24b-756c46259fc8
  5. How to change the name in the user directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the name in the user directory: I tried using Regedit but then I can only access a temporary account. Command prompt doesn’t let me change user names despite running as admin. submitted by /u/showandabe [link] [comments]...
  6. c:\users\ the directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c:\users\ the directory name is invalid: If I try to download a pdf OR open some of my own documents I keep getting the error message the directory name is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusers-the-directory-name-is-invalid/5a4e7ab8-add5-41f4-be72-b7441d994e35
  7. Correct bad user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Correct bad user name: Somehow, the system thinks my name is ****.comcast.net. It doesn't use the name; my real user name is tcebo, and that's the name of my directory in C:\users. But the sign-in page displays it. Perhaps there is something in the registry that has gone uncorrected? 137606
  8. Correct bad user name

in Windows 10 Support
    Correct bad user name: Attachment 241743 Somehow, the system thinks my name is ****.comcast.net. It doesn't use the name; my real user name is tcebo, and that's the name of my directory in C:\users. But the sign-in page displays it. Perhaps there is something in the registry that has gone...
  9. Admin user directory truncated name!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin user directory truncated name!!: I've got my Win10 user account info displayed, it's an admin account and there is my outlook email account attached. When I drill down to my user directory in file explorer under users the directory name is my first name truncated. So for example if the admin account was...
  10. "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct.": In Audit mode, if I run the %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 command from the Command Prompt, the "Disk Cleanup Settings" window is displayed. So, I select all the items and press Ok. Now, before the prompt is displayed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to correct user name in windows 10

2. windows 10 users directory name not correct