Windows 10: User name to be changed from my email id to my name

Discus and support User name to be changed from my email id to my name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there Recently I changed my primary email alias in my Microsoft account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Subash Baskaran, Sep 18, 2019.

1. User name to be changed from my email id to my name

Hi there

Recently I changed my primary email alias in my Microsoft account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and deleted that old alias. After that my pc user name changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from my name. I tried changing from the control panel but I couldn't able to find that option then I tried by clicking manage my account in setting and changed my name in Microsoft account but still no luck.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Build: 1803

User Account: Microsoft account

:)

Subash Baskaran, Sep 18, 2019

2. ID or user name modify

Hi Will,

You can easily change your Microsoft Account Username by following the steps below:

• Open the Start Menu.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Account.
    You will now see the Manage my Microsoft account link. Click on it to be routed to your Microsoft account home page. You may be asked to log in again.

Under Hello, there should be an "Edit name" against your current profile name:

• Click "Edit name".
    • Write the new name you want.
    • Click Save.
    Note: This will be the same name that will be used when you send emails using this new ID. And when you restart your computer, your new name will be displayed.

IMPORTANT: Changing your Microsoft Account username is not the same as changing your Microsoft Account name. The latter is not possible. Changing the account name would mean creating a new account.

Let us know how these turned out for you.

Joanna 777, Sep 18, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Sep 18, 2019
  4. User name to be changed from my email id to my name

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

User name to be changed from my email id to my name

1. User name to be changed from my email id to my name - Similar Threads - User name changed

2. Change from "User" to my name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change from "User" to my name: I sign in with Microsoft as you can see, but I'd like to change my name in files and documents from "User" to something personal. I've read a lot of tutorials on how to do this but none of them worked. I also can't just rename the folder. To clarify, I don't want to change my...
  3. Change from "User" to my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from "User" to my name: I sign in with Microsoft as you can see, but I'd like to change my name in files and documents from "User" to something personal. I've read a lot of tutorials on how to do this but none of them worked. I also can't just rename the folder. To clarify, I don't want to change my...
  4. Change from "User" to my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change users name ? Because my name is ThomaS :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change users name ? Because my name is ThomaS :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AriTh0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpcnqp/how_to_change_users_name_because_my_name_is_thomas/
  6. Change the name of my user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of my user folder: Is it possible to change the name of my user folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-name-of-my-user-folder/2d7e3d7a-ed14-4026-8a68-31475cc8e2a4
  7. How to change my user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change my user name: In Windows 10, how can I change my user name from my last name to my first name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-user-name/eadcbecf-3d03-4c0b-a184-902851a1df31
  8. My email name

in Windows 10 Customization
    My email name: My email name is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** It shows my email name as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-name/f01bc80f-4cf0-4557-9949-336fbd576704
  9. change user name and email

in Windows 10 Customization
    change user name and email: Hi I have a new name and email and I would like to change my sign in to my pc to my new name and email and still keep all of my settings files etc. Does anyone know how I can do this please?...
  10. Changing my USERS folder name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my USERS folder name: Windows 10 currently on the Fall Creators update. When I got my new notebook, I was having a problem with the Windows Store. A Microsoft tech determined that my user profile was messed up, added a new account, and deleted the problematic one. all was good. The problem...