Windows 10: User name under C is not the same as the Account name

Discus and support User name under C is not the same as the Account name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarenFriedel, Jul 9, 2019.

1. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that.

:)

KarenFriedel, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

User name under C is not the same as the Account name [​IMG]

Brink, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 9, 2019
  4. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

User name under C is not the same as the Account name

1. User name under C is not the same as the Account name - Similar Threads - User name under

2. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  3. Windows User Names under C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows User Names under C drive: Hi. I am a little pedantic and a stickler for detail. I bought a new laptop and under " This PC > OS C: > Users " it has 2 account names, "Public" and "matth".Is there any way to change the "matth" to "Matthew" please?Thank you....
  4. Windows User Names under C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows User Names under C drive: Hi. I am a little pedantic and a stickler for detail. I bought a new laptop and under " This PC > OS C: > Users " it has 2 account names, "Public" and "matth".Is there any way to change the "matth" to "Matthew" please?Thank you....
  5. Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user: I misspelled by name during installation of windows and now i want to change the name of the folder.What is the possible way to do so ?Thank in advance- Sagnik Saha...
  6. Changing the name of user under C:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the name of user under C:\users: Windows 10 ver 20H2 build 19042.928 I just got a refurbished second hand computer and would like to change the user name which is shown under C:\users to one of my own.own liking. Will someone please tell me how, if possible, to do that? Thank you. 179010
  7. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  8. Two User Accounts with same name

Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  9. Account name user name

Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  10. MS accounts & user a/c names

MS accounts & user a/c names: i have a registered Windows 10 installed on my 1st hard drive but after Windows Update screwed it up i am doing a clean install onto a 2nd hard drive. but upon install after entering my license key it then prompted me for a user account name and password. I don't have one so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c user not user name

2. windows user name not the same as logon name