Windows 10: User not created after adding it as a family member

Discus and support User not created after adding it as a family member in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I added my wife's account as a family member but even after rebooting, there is no user folder in her name. I can see her in the list of users but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FabrizioM.87, Dec 3, 2021.

1. User not created after adding it as a family member

Hi, I added my wife's account as a family member but even after rebooting, there is no user folder in her name. I can see her in the list of users but since there is no folder associated with her I can't get into her account and configure it. Can anyone tell me how to solve this? Thanks

:)

FabrizioM.87, Dec 3, 2021

2. adding family members and users

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with adding family members and users. I'll certainly help you with it.

I would suggest you to sign out from the computer and sign in again using the Microsoft account and check if the issue persist.

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...but-does/ce1b4fd6-b635-4dd7-a457-547da998639b

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 3, 2021
  3. adding family members and users

After 'successfully' adding a family member to Windows 10, the family member does not get access even after accepting the invitation sent to the Microsoft account. What to do so the family member can access the laptop through her MSN profile? I try everything
    and I get the same error message that this person has not been added to this computer's profile (in Russian).

TimFisherRybinsk, Dec 3, 2021
  4. User not created after adding it as a family member

Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

User not created after adding it as a family member

1. User not created after adding it as a family member - Similar Threads - User created adding

2. Adding additional devices to family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding additional devices to family members: How do I add a second device to an existing family member? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices-to-family-members/b0e0d51d-c136-46cd-b87b-8ba0db8a8693
  3. Microsoft Error for adding Family Members

Microsoft Error for adding Family Members: Hello. Yesterday I had an issue on removing family members from my account so I could add them into another account, I was able to do that now, but I've come into another problem. Now I cannot add the family members into the new account because I get an error message on the...
  4. User not created after adding it as a family member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User not created after adding it as a family member: Hi, I added my wife's account as a family member but even after rebooting, there is no user folder in her name. I can see her in the list of users but since there is no folder associated with her I can't get into her account and configure it. Can anyone tell me how to solve...
  5. User not created after adding it as a family member

User not created after adding it as a family member: Hi, I added my wife's account as a family member but even after rebooting, there is no user folder in her name. I can see her in the list of users but since there is no folder associated with her I can't get into her account and configure it. Can anyone tell me how to solve...
  6. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  7. Adding a Family Member

Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  8. Family members added misteriously

Family members added misteriously: An unknown email account appears registered as a family member under my account. I did not authorize or add this email account. I try to remove the account and Microsoft does not allow it! I get some outdated info about "removing consent" but I can't find a link to...
  9. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"
  10. "adding family member" option not working

"adding family member" option not working: so I try add a second family member on this pc...clicked to sign into your Microsoft account, window opens..but it just keeps loading. whats wrong [img] 76413