Windows 10: User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.

Discus and support User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 with several internal hard drives, and I've noticed there are missing items in the right-click... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by · Nico ·, Oct 15, 2018.

1. User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.

Hi, I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 with several internal hard drives, and I've noticed there are missing items in the right-click contextual menu in some of them.

The only available option is "create new folder", but everything else is missing.

User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu. 362694a1-b481-426a-bd90-a23717993002?upload=true.png

The issue seems to be that Windows is not recognizing my user as an administrator:

• I've checked in computer management and my user is enabled and part of the "Administrators" user group. It also appears as administrator in Configuration > Accounts (it's a local account, by the way).

• The ownership of all drives is given to the Administrators group (save for the System partition, which is given to TrustedInstaller).

• Administrators is present and with granted permissions in the security window of all drives.

• I've noticed that, in all drives, the groups granting me permissions are either "Everyone" or "Authentified Users", not "Administrators". If I grant permissions to "Everyone" or "Authentified Users", the issue disappears, if I take permissions away and leave just "Administrators" with permissions, the issue reappears. If I delete Authentified Users (sometimes happens automatically when I take permissions away), I can't even access the drive (haven't tried deleting "Everyone", it messed up my PC last time I did).

User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu. 8d0521a2-a885-4e64-8205-96bdfa0cc3ed?upload=true.png

Significant changes I've done since installation:

• Installed a few basic programs (Adobe Reader, Bandizip, Chrome, VLC, etc.) and updated Windows.
    • Changed the letter of some drives/partitions (though the ones with the problem are not necessarily the ones I've changed).
    • Disabled Cortana in gpedit.msc
    • Deleted some built-in applications, like OneDrive.
    • Enabled automatic login through netplwiz.
    • Disabled the 3D Folder of This PC in the registry.

Any idea of how to fix this?

:)

· Nico ·, Oct 15, 2018

2. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

Back to my problem.

Thank you Akheel Ahmed for your answer.

According to the result of sfc /scannow everything is OK in the Windows system.

The problem is that for a few shortcut icons on the desktop (Skype,...) the contextual menu is displayed correctly, but for all others:

• nothing is displayed,
    • the system seem to be frozen, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel for waiting, mouse buttons are inefficient for a few seconds,
    • then the display gets black for less than 1 second,
    • and finally everything comes back to the normal state (without contextual menu !).
    If I display the desktop folder with Windows Explorer, the problem is the same: impossible to get the contextual menu from the involved shortcuts.

Does this give you an idea to solve my problem ?

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Missing contextual menu icons

My contextual menu icons for Windows 10 are missing.

I think this happens since I installed a font manager called Suitcase Fusion.

Any idea how to fix it or what Font should I enable?

User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu. ff330f8c-3bf0-4eb6-8d83-3a4ad3fa81ee.png

aleixpellicer, Oct 15, 2018
  4. User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.

Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.

1. User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu. - Similar Threads - User recognized administrator

2. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  3. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  4. The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu: This means I can no longer see my Quick Launch, which is annoying. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-toolbars-item-has-disappeared-from-the-taskbar/36664bc0-7ec5-4079-8e71-79fd2a71c0a8
  5. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  6. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  7. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  8. Missing Menu Item Windows 10 (Classic Shell)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Menu Item Windows 10 (Classic Shell): This has been appearing since a couple of updates back. I don't know exactly when it started as I dont play the games that are normally kept there very often. Anyone know what caused(s) this and more importantly, how to fix it? It's not causing a problem, its just very...
  9. Items some missing from Windows 10 start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Items some missing from Windows 10 start menu.: Suddenly the "Settings" and "File Explorer" options are missing from the start menu of my Windows 10x64 Pro installation. Any idea how to get them back? I tried going back to a restore point when I knew they were there they still didn't come back. 22642
  10. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not recognized as administrator windows 10

2. lotus 123 shortcut administratoe back to a normal filer

3. windows 10 user not recognized as administrator

4. windows 10 will not recognize administrator