Windows 10: User Notification Service not working

Discus and support User Notification Service not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my Windows Push Notifications User Service (WpnUserService) went haywire. I am unsure of when it started happening, but the service keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Black Vulpine, Sep 7, 2018.

1. User Notification Service not working

Recently, my Windows Push Notifications User Service (WpnUserService) went haywire. I am unsure of when it started happening, but the service keeps stopping and starting, restarting, and occasionally getting stuck on 'Stopping'. Manually starting the service doesn't fix this problem permanently, although it does occasionally remain running for a while.

I need some help on how to repair this service. I've already tried sfc /scannow multiple times, so unless there's something about that tool I'm missing, I'm not sure what to do, short of doing a system reset.

:)

Black Vulpine, Sep 7, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Sep 7, 2018
  3. High Memory Usage by "Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service_3c1f5"

For us to know if it's a faulty or outdated driver, can you send us a screenshot of associated file. Here are the steps:

• Type in Task Manager in the search bar
    • Right-click Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service_3c1f5
    • Click Properties and go to the General tab
    • Send us a screenshot of the Properties

We'll wait for your response.

Marilou Ser, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

User Notification Service not working

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

User Notification Service not working

1. User Notification Service not working - Similar Threads - User Notification Service

2. Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage: Hi. For several weeks now, I have been having a problem with my laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition, in that there is high amount of CPU usage, even when the computer is supposedly idling; so much so the cooling fans have to run all the time. When I look on Task...
  3. Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage

Windows Push Notifications User Service - High CPU usage: Hi. For several weeks now, I have been having a problem with my laptop, running Windows 10 Home Edition, in that there is high amount of CPU usage, even when the computer is supposedly idling; so much so the cooling fans have to run all the time. When I look on Task...
  4. service host: windows push notification user service

service host: windows push notification user service: greetings I notice that every couple of days the laptop becomes very slow and it hangs up, while its cooling van noise becomes very high and the laptop temperature becomes high, service host: windows push notification user service 10d367f4 consumes most of the ram 98%...
  5. Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Sometimes, when you start your PC, Windows 10 throws up an error message bearing the following description – Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working or The Windows Push Notifications User Service terminated unexpectedly. If you face this...
  6. Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service

Excessive memory use by Service Host: Windows Notifications User Service: I have seen this question in the forum before but cannot find that anyone ever solved it. Computer (Windows 10, latest version) will suddenly get very slow. Task Manager shows that Windows Push Notifications is using over 98% of memory. Safe Mode runs fine but Clean Boot has...
  7. Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error: Hello there, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in but maybe someone has heard something about this error. I am getting a "Windows Push Notificatons User Service has stopped working" error after restarting my PC and hitting the Start button for the first...
  8. Windows push notifications user service

Windows push notifications user service: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...
  9. Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing

Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing: For the past week, I've continually found this critical error in my reliability monitor - Windows Push Notifications User Service stopped working. I have used sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f C: and DISM and they all have shown no problems. I have also done multiple virus/malware...
  10. Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working: Constant critical event in Reliability Monitor. Seems to happen at boot. Anyone have any solutions? Faulting Application Path: c:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe_WpnUserService Application...