Windows 10: User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why?

Discus and support User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The only reason it's making me nervous is that it just seems to have started today for no apparent reason. Now when I boot it starts after about 5 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Enstranglement, Jul 13, 2020.

1. User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why?

The only reason it's making me nervous is that it just seems to have started today for no apparent reason.

Now when I boot it starts after about 5 or 10 minutes and stays until I shut down.

I'm guessing it's something to do with activation or out of box experience but why now?

I've had the 2004 update for a month or so and it seems weird that it would just start happening now.

Scanned on VirusTotal and no red flags but I'd still love to know why it's there now.

No answers on other threads and Google has a pretty empty set of results - Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Enstranglement
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Enstranglement, Jul 13, 2020

2. Anyone else having OOBE issues with Surface Pro 4?

I'm really getting frustrated with my brand new SP4, most of it because of the poorly redesigned Out Of Box Experience (OOBE). For example, the OOBE assigns a randomized computer name to my Surface (Desktop-XXXXXXX). I renamed my Surface and rebooted, but
    when I sign in to my Microsoft Account online it still shows the old randomly generated computer name - even after I've "removed" the device from my account and re-verified my Microsoft Account on the Surface. Also, the Surface is listed in my Devices on my
    Microsoft Account as a desktop computer and the serial # is not displayed with it. There is also no warranty status or other information, even though I have registered the serial number. (I'm expecting it to display like my SP3, with the correct computer name,
    serial number, and warranty information.)

Since it seems to be identifying as a desktop and not reporting the serial number or correct computer name, I'm somewhat concerned I have a faulty Surface. Is anyone else encountered these kinds of issues with their SP4? Have you been able to get any of them
    sorted?

FYI - yes, I know the OOBE was neutered and doesn't ask for a computer name, username, or settings transfer anymore. It's tragic. But I should still expect the Surface to identify correctly on my Microsoft Account page.

Jayce Nornin, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Windows OOBE Background Pink

OK so here are the steps I'm taking.

1. Download en_windows_10_multiple_editions_x86_dvd_6848465.iso
    2. Install the OS
    3. Press CTRL + SHIFT + F3 on the "Get going fast" screen
    4. Enter audit mode and see sysprep dialog
    5. Select OOBE and check generalize
    6. System Restarts
    7. Going through the OOBE the background is pink.

User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why? whv3j.jpg

Anyone know how I can override this really odd experience? I've tried it on two different machines (one with UEFI and one with old BIOS) and both have the pink background.

Bobby Cannon, Jul 13, 2020
  4. User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why?

Anyone else having OOBE issues with Surface Pro 4?

Unfortunately....

Prerequisites

You must be using a Toshiba device that has Windows 10 installed.

A Microsoft Surface isn't a Toshiba device User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why? :( and the KB page doesn't say what the update does, though I could hope it fixes some of the missing OOBE features. I've already reset this device once thinking the OOBE not asking for a computer name or username
    was a bug or a step I accidentally skipped. I can do it again if there's an update that applies to Surface.

As for AntonyJose, Microsoft support on answers.Microsoft.com is absolutely unhelpful, as always User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why? :) but I appreciate the effort. Here's a screenshot of some of the issues I'm concerned about. This is from

Sign in to your Microsoft account

User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why? d907f0b8-5cd7-435a-83c7-6c73d57f7245.png

Jayce Nornin, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why?

1. User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why? - Similar Threads - User OOBE Broker

2. Constant need to restart Windows Explorer. why? Who knows? Anyone else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant need to restart Windows Explorer. why? Who knows? Anyone else?: I updated to Windows 11 last night after my PC forced me to. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, updates, services, followed so many guides I can't count...I have to manually go into Task Manager and Restart or End Windows Explorer at least 10 times before my start...
  3. Constant need to restart Windows Explorer. why? Who knows? Anyone else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant need to restart Windows Explorer. why? Who knows? Anyone else?: I updated to Windows 11 last night after my PC forced me to. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, updates, services, followed so many guides I can't count...I have to manually go into Task Manager and Restart or End Windows Explorer at least 10 times before my start...
  4. why is user oobe broker running in my task manager question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why is user oobe broker running in my task manager question: Is safe to delete the file and windows can run fine on its own or how do i disable it without cleaning up windows. Please comment soon I need the answer to this question. submitted by /u/Shulk-Narukami [link] [comments]...
  5. What is UserOOBEBroker.exe or User OOBE Broker in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 News
    What is UserOOBEBroker.exe or User OOBE Broker in Task Manager?: [ATTACH]We often open the Task Manager and look for the processes and services using […] This article What is UserOOBEBroker.exe or User OOBE Broker in Task Manager? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. User OOBE Broker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User OOBE Broker: Hello, I have found some strange procces in taskmanager called User OOBE Broker. What is this and is it safe?. File path C/windows/system32/oobe/UserOOBEBroker.exe file is not signed. Runs from User name (Admin) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments]...
  7. User OOBE Broker process running in background

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User OOBE Broker process running in background: Hey Folks, I hope this is in the correct location. For the past little while I have noticed that the User OOBE Broker process has been running in the background. My understanding is that OOBE is tied the blue box that asks you set up Windows and guide through...
  8. Anyone else get this spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone else get this spam?: Refund and Cancel the Renewal Dear Customer, We Thank You on the completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection plan with 24/7 technical support. We have charged you $299 for the 12 months of subscription from your account. We tried to contact you on your registered...
  9. Constant need to restart Windows Explorer. why? Who knows? Anyone else?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant need to restart Windows Explorer. why? Who knows? Anyone else?: Yes its been asked before but the other threads appear to be closed. Today I find I have to keep restarting my windoze 10 file explorer as my computer becomes unresponsive to left and right mouse clicks. No one particular application is the problem....
  10. Anyone else getting Cortana spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else getting Cortana spam?: This started two days ago: Whenever I click on the taskbar search box, Cortana pops up, as always; but now, instead of just showing my local weather, there is a message, "Get Cortana on your phone", with links for Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone. [img] I tried a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com