Windows 10: User OOBE Broker process running in background

Discus and support User OOBE Broker process running in background in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey Folks, I hope this is in the correct location. For the past little while I have noticed that the User OOBE Broker process has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KingFirebeard, Jun 30, 2020.

1. User OOBE Broker process running in background

Hey Folks,

I hope this is in the correct location.

For the past little while I have noticed that the User OOBE Broker process has been running in the background. My understanding is that OOBE is tied the blue box that asks you set up Windows and guide through various configurations. However, I have been using Windows 10 for sometime now question why this process is continuing to run after I have already installed Windows.

If the OOBE is in fact linked to the installation setup screens, then could someone please guide me as to how call up the aforementioned screens so I can do what is necessary in order to finish this process and close it. It may or may not be relevant but I do have the May 2004 Update installed.

Thank you,

D.

:)

KingFirebeard, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windows OOBE Background Pink

OK so here are the steps I'm taking.

1. Download en_windows_10_multiple_editions_x86_dvd_6848465.iso
    2. Install the OS
    3. Press CTRL + SHIFT + F3 on the "Get going fast" screen
    4. Enter audit mode and see sysprep dialog
    5. Select OOBE and check generalize
    6. System Restarts
    7. Going through the OOBE the background is pink.

User OOBE Broker process running in background whv3j.jpg

Anyone know how I can override this really odd experience? I've tried it on two different machines (one with UEFI and one with old BIOS) and both have the pink background.

Bobby Cannon, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Davidk03 Win User

User OOBE Broker process running in background

Program running a background process?

There's no updating "process" (using that term for both a process and a service that runs background) for video studio showing using

- Task Manager/processes

- msconfig/services

- msconfig/startup

So I guess there isn't one.

The question tho wasn't "is there one running" (I'd already checked that for task manager at least and reported so in the 1st post), but whether by specification if a vendor was to run one, it must appear in the list.

Ergo, not listed = not being run.

Next stop on my diagnosis path is to check scheduling.

Davidk03, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

User OOBE Broker process running in background

1. User OOBE Broker process running in background - Similar Threads - User OOBE Broker

2. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  3. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  4. why is user oobe broker running in my task manager question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why is user oobe broker running in my task manager question: Is safe to delete the file and windows can run fine on its own or how do i disable it without cleaning up windows. Please comment soon I need the answer to this question. submitted by /u/Shulk-Narukami [link] [comments]...
  5. What is UserOOBEBroker.exe or User OOBE Broker in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 News
    What is UserOOBEBroker.exe or User OOBE Broker in Task Manager?: [ATTACH]We often open the Task Manager and look for the processes and services using […] This article What is UserOOBEBroker.exe or User OOBE Broker in Task Manager? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Application running as a background process.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application running as a background process.: I am trying to use JDA Space Planning Plus. Yesterday it was working just fine, then a random restart on my Windows 10 PC happened. Now when I try to run the program, no window opens. When I open the task manager, it is taking up significant CPU and memory running as a...
  7. Background Processes Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Processes Running: I bought my laptop recently and yesterday they installed Microsoft 365 and today is the first time I am using it and there are 91 background processes in my task manager. Why do I have 91 background processes running in Task Manager when I have only just booted up my...
  8. User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why?

User OOBE Broker - Anyone else getting this recently, know why?: The only reason it's making me nervous is that it just seems to have started today for no apparent reason. Now when I boot it starts after about 5 or 10 minutes and stays until I shut down. I'm guessing it's something to do with activation or out of box experience but why...
  9. User OOBE Broker

User OOBE Broker: Hello, I have found some strange procces in taskmanager called User OOBE Broker. What is this and is it safe?. File path C/windows/system32/oobe/UserOOBEBroker.exe file is not signed. Runs from User name (Admin) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Runtime Broker Process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Runtime Broker Process: Periodically I notice a lot of LAN traffic from my PC and looking at Task Mgr I see it is from Runtime Broker that uses 30% CPU. I've looked at what it is for (intermediary between apps and their use of permissions) but the mystery is that it is accessing my NAS device and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. User OOBE Broker Windows 10