Windows 10: user options

Discus and support user options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why can't Microsoft give the end user the choice to install something, every GD'ed update I have uninstall Edge, and every other POS app, widget or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maddthom, Jun 9, 2021.

1. maddthom Win User

user options

Why can't Microsoft give the end user the choice to install something, every GD'ed update I have uninstall Edge, and every other POS app, widget or software I don't want, never wanted to use. Have I missed a setting? Is there a way to keep the OS up to date but keep all of the F'ing bloat ware off my machine?

:)

maddthom, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 9, 2021
  4. user options

Windows 10: Is it Possible to Have a Selective and Smart User Account Option?

Hello,

I suggest you to either login with administrator account or you can refer to the below steps to provide full permission to a particular file or folder.

• Select the file or folder which you need to provide full permission.

• Now right click on that file or folder and click on Properties.

• Click on the Security tab.

• Click on the user account through which you are logged in. Clicking on the user will show you the permissions set for the user pertinent to the folder.
    After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users".

• Once you have clicked Advanced, a box would appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users.

• Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions".

• Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box. To change permission you have to click on edit.

• Once edit is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up but this time you can actually edit the options. You can do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

user options

1. user options - Similar Threads - user options

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  5. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  6. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN: I unfortunately forgot my user PIN and cannot log onto windows 11. My face recognition is not working either and I am locked out. And there are no options for reseting my pin or for using my microsoft account to sign in. Can someone helo me get back into my laptop please....
  8. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN: I unfortunately forgot my user PIN and cannot log onto windows 11. My face recognition is not working either and I am locked out. And there are no options for reseting my pin or for using my microsoft account to sign in. Can someone helo me get back into my laptop please....
  9. When user is installing Microsoft Intune on their Android phone they do not get an option...

When user is installing Microsoft Intune on their Android phone they do not get an option...: We have gone through all forums and found nothing on this issue that would be able to fix this issue.We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Intune app, we have restarted their phone, they can sign into their Intune app with the company credentials but can't access "work"...
  10. When user is installing Microsoft Intune on their Android phone they do not get an option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When user is installing Microsoft Intune on their Android phone they do not get an option...: We have gone through all forums and found nothing on this issue that would be able to fix this issue.We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Intune app, we have restarted their phone, they can sign into their Intune app with the company credentials but can't access "work"...