Windows 10: user password problems

Discus and support user password problems in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A power outage in our neighborhood caused my computer to shut down and reboot. After rebooting my user password no longer allows me in. As I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Micheal O', Sep 29, 2019.

1. user password problems

A power outage in our neighborhood caused my computer to shut down and reboot. After rebooting my user password no longer allows me in. As I have investigated a solution my user name is no longer seen as the administrator so will not allow me even into command prompt. It show "no" administrator accounts so how can any changes be made? Help!

:)

Micheal O', Sep 29, 2019

2. how to delete user password?

Hi Susilo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the accounts are local account or Microsoft account. Are you trying to remove the login password?

If you are trying to remove the login password, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key + R to open command prompt, and type "netplwiz"
    • Uncheck "user must enter user name and password to use this computer", then click "ok"
    • Enter your user name and password, then click "ok"
    • Restart your computer.
    I would like to inform you that it is recommended to activate the password for security reasons.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 29, 2019
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

user password problems

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

user password problems

1. user password problems - Similar Threads - user password problems

2. User Command Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Command Password: I can't update my pc because of a user command password, I have tried recovering my password without success and now i can't download and install Python, or SQL into my pc, do I need to buy another pc for me to make full use of it?This is very frustrating...
  3. user password removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    user password removal: I don't want a user password at startup, how do I remove this for good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-password-removal/722ed07e-e726-45f4-bc69-b7bb0218ee1d
  4. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  5. user password reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user password reset: Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no luck, how can I disable the password or reset it to startup normally? it's urgent, we need important information and docs she...
  6. user account password

user account password: I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do....
  7. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  8. User-ID/Password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...
  9. User-ID/Password problems

User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...
  10. User Password/PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Password/PIN: Hi. After I installed Build 10162, I do not have the option of a PIN at logon, just my long MS password. When I go to Users account control, it just gives me the option to CHANGE PIN, not to CREATE one. But yet when I log on, there is no option for a pin, only a password....