Windows 10: user password reset

Discus and support user password reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by hter15, May 6, 2020.

1. hter15 Win User

user password reset

Please help. My mother passed away a while ago and we can't unlock her laptop, we don't have the password and have tried everything possible but no luck, how can I disable the password or reset it to startup normally? it's urgent, we need important information and docs she stored on laptop.

:)

hter15, May 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 6, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

user password reset

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 6, 2020
Thema:

user password reset

1. user password reset - Similar Threads - user password reset

2. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  3. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  4. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...: When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a message logging into their AAD joined machines stating "The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed, Try a...
  6. Can't reset password on local user

Can't reset password on local user: I was trying to change my password but i don.t remember it So i typed in cmd net user username new_password but it said System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. I don't know what to do next or how to fix this...
  7. Standard User reset Admin user password!

Standard User reset Admin user password!: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine with 2 local user accounts. One standard an one admin. The admin user has modified some settings about standard user like the login times using command line net user standardusername /times:M-S,09:00-17:00 But every time the standard user...
  8. Reset Another User's Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Another User's Password: OMG, why make things more and more difficult! For whatever reason my wife has not used my PC in ages, and now we cannot figure out what her password is. No problem I thought, just log in as admin, find my user, select "Manage Another Account" and then change the password. Err...
  9. User Account Password Reset

User Account Password Reset: I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows....
  10. Resetting Admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting Admin user name and password: Hi all, my son took over my computer when he went to college; it's been over two years since I've had to use the admin information to use setup.exe that I've forgotten the password to access it. When I try to leave the password blank and hit yes or no, it brings me right...