Windows 10: User Permission Error

Discus and support User Permission Error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Upon powering up my windows 10 laptop today, I found myself unable to access task manager from either the start menu or ctrl-alt-delete, whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ComprehensivePea5730, Apr 14, 2021.

1. User Permission Error

Upon powering up my windows 10 laptop today, I found myself unable to access task manager from either the start menu or ctrl-alt-delete, whenever I attempted, it displayed the message "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator." However, I am the only user on this laptop, and hadn't changed any security or permission settings that I am aware of; after some time I realised I couldn't power down the computer from the start menu either, only showing the pop-up "There are currently no power options available" I couldn't find anything online linking the two issues together, my only suspicion is that some user privileged issue has occurred, this is especially strange as I am still labeled as the administrator and can run software with admin privileges, I'm not comfortable with adjusting the user registry unless absolutely necessary, but does anyone know what specifically has caused this?

submitted by /u/ComprehensivePea5730
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ComprehensivePea5730, Apr 14, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    User Permission Error 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Apr 14, 2021
  4. User Permission Error

Windows 10 Photos Permissions Error

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are signed in as administrator.

I would like to inform you that it could be better, if you sign in as administrator and check if the issue persists.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

User Permission Error

1. User Permission Error - Similar Threads - User Permission Error

2. user permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  3. user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  4. user permissions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Program permissions based on User Permissions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program permissions based on User Permissions?: I have a windows user that won't open a certain program, but if I change to a different user on the same machine, it will open. The software support team says there is an issue with the user profile permissions not allowing the program to open fulling under the USER 1...
  6. User Permission issues....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Permission issues....: Yo, I messed up my user permissions to access files..... now if I have to go to properties/security/and all that stuff, every time i want to access a single file..... pls help.. PS: also i cannot see my desktop background...it is in picture option still and my PC...
  7. Full user permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full user permission: Hi, recently i have been getting a bundle of errors and i think are mainly due to permission changes. My user is an admin yet i get an admin has blocked me from doing stuff device manager, services ... meaning cant access mcc exe. Also windows troubleshooters all get an error...
  8. USER PERMISSIONS?

USER PERMISSIONS?: I have been using a sleep apnea data app on Win 10 for several months with no issues. Over the last week or so, the app has become non-functional. I have sought help from the Apnea Board community and have tried numerous fixes with no success. One of the forum advisors...
  9. User Permissions

User Permissions: How do I reset all user permissions to default. I may have accidentally deleted a profile that is needed., Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/97475d02-2691-484b-ad2a-99bd5e802315
  10. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...