Windows 10: USER PERMISSIONS?

Discus and support USER PERMISSIONS? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using a sleep apnea data app on Win 10 for several months with no issues. Over the last week or so, the app has become non-functional. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffA Warner, Apr 20, 2020.

1. USER PERMISSIONS?

I have been using a sleep apnea data app on Win 10 for several months with no issues. Over the last week or so, the app has become non-functional. I have sought help from the Apnea Board community and have tried numerous fixes with no success. One of the forum advisors suggested that it might be caused by a change in "User Permissions" in Win 10, which causes the app,which is named"Oscar" to receive an "error 5" in its data directory. I don't believe that I have intentionally changed any settings to that effect, but wonder if a member of the MS community could shed some light on this?

Thank you ... Jawon

:)

JeffA Warner, Apr 20, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    USER PERMISSIONS? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

USER PERMISSIONS?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

USER PERMISSIONS?

1. USER PERMISSIONS? - Similar Threads - USER PERMISSIONS

2. Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a new user admin account without current admin permissions: I am trying to create an admin account for myself a work. I am currently using an old account from a previous employee as all other accounts are password protected. I nor my employers have the passwords for any of these accounts. The password protected accounts are admin...
  3. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  4. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  5. user permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  6. user permissions

user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  7. user permissions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?: Hello Guys,Ad CS vulnerabilities.IntuneClientCertificate -> ESC1:"Domain Users" can enroll with the CA and specify the "Subject Alternative Name". Therefore, a user can request a client authenticate certificate, specifying a DA as the SAN, and have a certificate to...
  9. What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?

What if I remove the write permissions for authenticated users for client CMG certificate?: Hello Guys,Ad CS vulnerabilities.IntuneClientCertificate -> ESC1:"Domain Users" can enroll with the CA and specify the "Subject Alternative Name". Therefore, a user can request a client authenticate certificate, specifying a DA as the SAN, and have a certificate to...
  10. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everyone permissions users folder windows 10