Windows 10: User Pictures getting changed/swapped

Discus and support User Pictures getting changed/swapped in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have multiple Users defined on my PC. Each has been given a special picture/image to help identify them on theStart menu. I also have assigned a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesHoltman, May 26, 2020.

1. User Pictures getting changed/swapped

I have multiple Users defined on my PC. Each has been given a special picture/image to help identify them on theStart menu. I also have assigned a special picture for the desktop background on eachUser. This was done to identify which User I was signed onto.

The problem is that these pics are getting swapped around by Windows; even some from another PC on my home network.

How do I stop this from happening?

-Jim H

:)

JamesHoltman, May 26, 2020

2. How to change account picture of DIFFERENT user in Windows 10?

Can I also set account picture for him?

Source How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10

DavidPostill, May 26, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 26, 2020
  4. User Pictures getting changed/swapped

Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 26, 2020
Thema:

User Pictures getting changed/swapped

1. User Pictures getting changed/swapped - Similar Threads - User Pictures getting

2. Windows Admin User Email Swapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Admin User Email Swapping: Hello,I was wondering if there was a way to switch the email of the admin user on a Windows 11 PC without creating a whole other user with different files and setting/file preferences? The reason being because I am using an old email as my admin and I would like to update it...
  3. Windows Admin User Email Swapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Admin User Email Swapping: Hello,I was wondering if there was a way to switch the email of the admin user on a Windows 11 PC without creating a whole other user with different files and setting/file preferences? The reason being because I am using an old email as my admin and I would like to update it...
  4. Desktop swapped with user file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop swapped with user file: Hello, This is really weird but my desktop used to be on my D: drive because why not. I wanted to change it back into my C: drive because i wanted all my windows files on C and everything else on D so when i moved the desktop file into the user folder it for some reason...
  5. Pictures and Windows/users/pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures and Windows/users/pictures: I file my photos in the Pictures folder, and have created subfolders. I move photos between the subfolders, change the taken date, rename them. When viewing them in the Photo App, if I select Open in Files, I'm directed to Windows/users/pictures. The files in...
  6. User Account Picture Changing to Other User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Picture Changing to Other User: I have three accounts on my desktop Win 10 computer. When another user logs in, the administrative account picture changes to their account picture and the administrative account desktop background changes to their background. In addition, all my laptops using the same MS...
  7. How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures: In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures. I want to set up these folders to C:\Users\username\Documents and C:\Users\username\Pictures. I...
  8. User Profile Picture Won't Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile Picture Won't Change: I went to change my user profile pic in settings and it has a link to change it online in the Microsoft account. I did but the profile pic on my computer hasn't changed on log in or start....
  9. Drives letters getting swapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives letters getting swapped: Hello, I've noticed on during my last restoring of my system and reloading of W10 Pro, that after I reattach the 2nd, third drive and the DVD, they got swapped in the system. Could it be the bios on an old Gigabyte motherboard or the OS. I guess I can use disk manager to...
  10. change swap file size ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    change swap file size ?: I am running rainmeter and it shows my desktop has 48-49% ram usage and 49% swap file usage. I currently have 4 gigs of ram, room to put 4 gigs more for a max of 8 gigs. Isn't that too much swap file usage ? I have tried to find in the tutorials, and on my computer,...