Windows 10: "User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...

Discus and support "User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Trying to get my child to play AOE 2 on PC, Games launches but I get the below error which wont allow multiplayer:"User Privilege Error! Sorry, your... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kinburn Alford, Apr 1, 2023.

1. "User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...

Trying to get my child to play AOE 2 on PC, Games launches but I get the below error which wont allow multiplayer:"User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of the game. Please check your account settings on xbox.com for more information." I have tried all the below solutions to no avail.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/no-multiplayer-in-aoeiide/3a755b87-e9e5-40f0-9174-94b165fecd1ehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/aoe2-de-user-privilege-error/134005a1-70ec-4045-8ffb-39cd99b9db0ehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en

:)

Kinburn Alford, Apr 1, 2023
  2. .EZ. Win User

User password for privilege settings

In Windows 11, you can set up a password for a non-admin user account and allow them to make changes that require administrator privileges, without giving them access to the main admin account. This is typically referred to as "elevated privileges" or "admin approval mode."

Here's how you can set this up:

1. Log in to the computer with an administrator account.
    2. Click on the Start button, and then click on Settings.
    3. In the Settings app, click on Accounts.
    4. In the Accounts settings, click on Family & other users.
    5. Select the non-admin user account that you want to set up a password for, and then click on Change account type.
    6. Under Account type, select Standard user, and then click on OK.
    7. Click on the non-admin user account that you just changed, and then click on Change sign-in options.
    8. Click on the Create a password button, and then enter and confirm a password for the non-admin user account.
    Once you have done this, the non-admin user will need to enter the password that you have just set up, in order to perform actions that require elevated privileges. Additionally, you can setup UAC (User Account Control) to prompt for an admin PIN or password when the user tries to perform a task that requires administrator rights, this can prevent the non-admin user from accessing the administrator account.

Please note that this feature only prevents the non-admin user from logging in as the administrator, it won't prevent them from installing software or make changes that require administrator rights. To do that you need to use other features like group policy, or setting up software restriction policies.

.EZ., Apr 1, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Apr 1, 2023
  4. tflips Win User

"User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...

Windows 10 logon user time restriction

I recently updated to Win10. I created myself a user account with administrator privileges. When I try to logon at certain times, I get blocked with a system message that says that the account has time restrictions and to try again later. I've never set
    any time restrictions on the user account and can't come up with a setting anywhere in user settings via Control Panel to address the problem.

Any ideas out there?

tflips, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

"User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...

1. "User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of... - Similar Threads - User Privilege Error

2. Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the...: Page not available :Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the item you tried to access is unavailable. Contact technical support for more information. Virus and malwars protection notification I faced this message after...
  3. Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the...: Page not available :Your IT administrator has restricted access to certain areas of this application and the item you tried to access is unavailable. Contact technical support for more information. Virus and malwars protection notification I faced this message after...
  4. "User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...: Trying to get my child to play AOE 2 on PC, Games launches but I get the below error which wont allow multiplayer:"User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of the game. Please check your account settings on xbox.com for more...
  5. "User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...

"User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of...: Trying to get my child to play AOE 2 on PC, Games launches but I get the below error which wont allow multiplayer:"User Privilege Error! Sorry, your account settings restrict you from certain features of the game. Please check your account settings on xbox.com for more...
  6. User password for privilege settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User password for privilege settings: Hi,I want to set up a password for a non-admin user account in my Windows 11 Laptop but just to be able to make admin changes.When the non admin user account tries to install a software, and I'm not at my place I need to provide the admin user PIN to allow the change, with...
  7. User password for privilege settings

User password for privilege settings: Hi,I want to set up a password for a non-admin user account in my Windows 11 Laptop but just to be able to make admin changes.When the non admin user account tries to install a software, and I'm not at my place I need to provide the admin user PIN to allow the change, with...
  8. Does restricting the locale setting prevent users from changing the timezone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does restricting the locale setting prevent users from changing the timezone?: Hello all, I do have a question regarding locale settings and what it does. Currently I do have a windows 10 client device. On that client device, there is a GPO enforced which, "Disallow user override of locale settings".Does disallowing users to override the locale settings...
  9. Making a restricted user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Making a restricted user account: Hello— Recently I went on an adventure trying to mangle drive permissions attempting to restrict their access from an alternate guest account. This caused serious problems and, bruised ego in my arms, I come to you all to request a tutorial on it from someone who actually...
  10. User restrictions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User restrictions: How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-restrictions/701495f4-6697-427d-ad20-16d961188fa1"