Windows 10: User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.

Discus and support User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My PC was basically an accident waiting to happen. It crashes pretty much once per day and works fine for the rest of the day after a restart.Today... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by terry.94, Apr 26, 2021.

1. terry.94 Win User

User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.

My PC was basically an accident waiting to happen. It crashes pretty much once per day and works fine for the rest of the day after a restart.Today after installing an ASUS related driver update, I restarted my PC and was greeted with the message ‘The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I’ve tried Start-up Repair.I’ve tried System Restore to a restore point before the driver update.I’ve tried to boot into all safe mode options, but when I try to log in, I get the same user profile cannot be loaded message.I’ve tried sfc /scannow and user adminstrator

:)

terry.94, Apr 26, 2021

2. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

Enter.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 26, 2021
  4. User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.

Unable to log-in to computer with error: "The User Profile Service failed login, User profile cannot be loaded" on Windows 10

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Do let us know the type of user account this issue is confined with?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile,
    User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

Settings
    • Here select Change pc settings and then General.
    • Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
      Enter.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
     4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Method 2: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

start
      the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.

if the issue still persists,

Method 3: From Built-in admin account, try to create a new user account (Local account) and check access the computer

You will have to create those local accounts on Windows 10 and provide the corresponding administrative privileges.

Refer to: Create a local user account in Windows 10

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.

1. User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either. - Similar Threads - User profile cannot

2. User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.: After resetting my windows computer, I tried to log in to my user account but I got User profile cannot be loaded error. So I tried to switch to safe mode to fix the problem, but safe mode doesn't work either. When I enter my credentials there, it keeps loading and nothing...
  3. User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.: After resetting my windows computer, I tried to log in to my user account but I got User profile cannot be loaded error. So I tried to switch to safe mode to fix the problem, but safe mode doesn't work either. When I enter my credentials there, it keeps loading and nothing...
  4. User profile cannot be loaded. Can’t log into safe mode either.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. user profile cannot be loaded after reset and safe mode crashes? what to do

user profile cannot be loaded after reset and safe mode crashes? what to do: i resat my windows 10 pc due to it being sold online. I then tried to just login to check if everything was deleted, it then demanded my PW and had still remembered my users name. Then it said "user profile cannot be loaded" so therefore i tried to reset it again which did...
  6. User profile cannot be loaded & can't log into a different profile. There is no option to....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile cannot be loaded & can't log into a different profile. There is no option to....: Reset my ASUS laptop and when trying to sign back in, it hasn't let me back in. It says user profile cannot be loaded, and there is no option for me to sign into a different account to "repair any files", or whatever I need to do. I'm lost. How do I fix this?...
  7. User profile cannot be loaded & can't log into a different profile. There is no option to....

User profile cannot be loaded & can't log into a different profile. There is no option to....: Reset my ASUS laptop and when trying to sign back in, it hasn't let me back in. It says user profile cannot be loaded, and there is no option for me to sign into a different account to "repair any files", or whatever I need to do. I'm lost. How do I fix this?...
  8. User profile cannot be loaded & can't log into a different profile. There is no option to....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. User profile services cannot be loaded but can’t access safe mode either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile services cannot be loaded but can’t access safe mode either: I’ve tried to reset my pic recently and now i can’t log in. Whenever I try to I get a message saying “user profile services cannot be log in” but whenever I try to access safe mode to change it to administrator it takes forever and I get a white blank screen but my cursor...
  10. User profile services cannot be loaded but can’t access safe mode either

User profile services cannot be loaded but can’t access safe mode either: I’ve tried to reset my pic recently and now i can’t log in. Whenever I try to I get a message saying “user profile services cannot be log in” but whenever I try to access safe mode to change it to administrator it takes forever and I get a white blank screen but my cursor...