Windows 10: User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen

Discus and support User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is a new setup of a laptop so it hasn't been in service , there are no backups to restore to. Everything was looking and working great, I did the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RussScott1, Jun 10, 2019.

1. User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen

This is a new setup of a laptop so it hasn't been in service , there are no backups to restore to.

Everything was looking and working great, I did the remaining updates and I came back from lunch and surprise no user.

I don't know what happened, but the main user account (and another) is missing at the login screen. I managed to create an administrator's account which is visible but I can't see the other user accounts at login or in the user accounts control panel.

I've activated and verified that the missing user accounts are active by using net user "username" /active:yes command prompt. The user's folders are still on the hard drive.

The user account is still there, the files & folders I transfered over are there. I even used the login when I tried to restore. It was one of the options with Admin rights.

I tried everything I used in the past, but the only way I was able to login as that user was to switch users and enter his AzureAD\ Name entered his pin and I was logged in as him. Because it was the last logged in user it displayed him when I did a restart and a shutdown and reboot.

It has been a while since I played IT, someone talked me into coming out of retirement...lol but when I look at the Control Panel User I see him not the Admin account. If I log in as Admin I see the Admin account but not his.

Your thoughts on how to resolve this situation.

:)

RussScott1, Jun 10, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jun 10, 2019
  3. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Hi Vicki Longnecker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the complete error message that you get when you try to login to your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any other administrator user account on the computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

Also, you can try launching the On-Screen Keyboard from the sign-in screen by selecting the
    Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard. Type the password using the On-Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to login to your computer.

I have gone through your post and it appears that this issue could be due to a
    user profile corruption or an existence of a temporary profile. In order to get clarity on this issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps below.

I suggest you to first Start your PC in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login to your computer.

If you are able to login to your user account in Safe Mode, then go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on the C: drive (drive where Operating System is installed) >
    Users folder. In the Users folder, check for any profiles with an unusual name or if there is a profile named as Temp and please reply us with the result.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 10, 2019
  4. User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen

User Profile files not found (lost profile files)

Hello Hilario,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

To be able to assist you better, kindly let us know if you are referring to a Microsoft Account or a Local user Account.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to login through one of the local accounts and navigate to Settings > Accounts and check the user accounts existing in your computer.

If the above does not reveal the user account you are referring to,then open the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the user account exists
    or not. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen

1. User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen - Similar Threads - User Profile exists

2. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account disappeared from login screen and control panel: Hi there,Dell recently replaced motherboard and we were getting " Trusted Platform Module malfunctioned". We logged off from user account and login to admin account and renamed...
  3. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account disappeared from login screen and control panel: Hi there,Dell recently replaced motherboard and we were getting " Trusted Platform Module malfunctioned". We logged off from user account and login to admin account and renamed...
  4. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Control Panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Control Panel: i am the administrator of my pc and i dont have any guest account. It not allowing me to change settings neither there is an option to enter id password. how can i solve this problem?...
  6. User not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User not showing up on login screen: So, I was playing Black Desert Online when my house had a power outage, after the power came back on and I turned on my PC, the user I was logged into was gone off the windows login screen. I had checked on another user open the computer, and within C:\Users, the folder where...
  7. control panel not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel not showing: When I press control panel it doesn't open, but the icon on the bottom toolbar shows that it is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-showing/3f5f359b-9c19-4181-8371-c45ed3ae9371
  8. User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings: I have a user that is like a duplicate of my user account it happened awhile back after a windows update where it showed up but cannot be logged into like its a broken copy of my account it shows as the default user to log in so I have to choose my real working user each time...
  9. Transferred Users not showing up on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferred Users not showing up on login screen: I transferred from an old PC to a new PC using Zinstall's Winwin software. While the transfer was seemingly completed and the users from the old PC show up under the Users folder with all their data, they do not show up on the login screen.I would really appreciate any help,...
  10. Transferred Users not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferred Users not showing up on login screen: I transferred from an old PC to a new PC using Zinstall's Winwin software. While the transfer was seemingly completed and the users from the old PC show up under the Users folder with all their data, they do not show up on the login screen.I would really appreciate any help,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user not showing in control panel