Windows 10: User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error

Discus and support User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help!! I was in the process of making changes to environment variables. After rebooting my device started up, I signed in, and then I noticed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tati_018, Nov 18, 2021.

1. tati_018 Win User

User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error

Please help!! I was in the process of making changes to environment variables. After rebooting my device started up, I signed in, and then I noticed it said it was preparing my desktop. I get to the Home Screen most of my desktop files are missing, the Windows background changed, my user profile is still there my password is still authenticated. I don’t have all of my programs. I don’t have the other users though?? I’d really like to avoid losing data since I was in the middle of completing a school assignment ! None of my office files are available, when I run word it asks for the registry k

:)

tati_018, Nov 18, 2021

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 18, 2021
  3. Changing Sign in Credentials for User Profile on Windows 10

Hello Keith,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Is that existing account is a Microsoft account?
    • Do you know password for the existing account?
    If you say Yes for the two questions, then you can follow below mentioned steps for setting up your Microsoft account.

• First convert the old Microsoft account into Local account.
      To get started, login to your existing User Profile. (I.e. Your Son's User Profile)
    • Go to Start />Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account
      and click Sign in with local account Instead. Enter existing Microsoft account credentials, when it prompts for authentication. Then follow the steps to switch your account to local account. Logoff and login back to the same account.
    • Now let's convert this Local account to your Microsoft account.
    • To do so, again go to Start /> Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account
      and click Sign in with Microsoft account Instead. Enter your Microsoft account credentials when prompted and follow the steps to switch back to your Microsoft account. Once you do this it will ask you to
      verify your device. Just click the same and follow the instruction to verify your device.

If this is the only account you had on your PC, then most probably it should have administrator
    privileges. You can confirm the same by looking at
    Your Account settings page, where it read your profile as administrator.

If in case the existing User Profile is a Local account, then you can setup another User Profile by using the existing User Profile. Refer
    Create a local user account in Windows 10. Once you setup new local user profile, follow the 4 step for making it into
    your Microsoft account.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 18, 2021
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Nov 18, 2021
Thema:

1. User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error - Similar Threads - User Profile Exists

2. "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Error after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Error after...: I restarted my HP pavilion laptop intel core i5, GEFORCE GTX and can no longer get into the device. I selected redownload windows 10 and delete all my files. When loading it had trouble at first the jumped from 55% and said undoing downloads or something to a similar effect....
  3. User profile sign in error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile sign in error: I’m having huge problem on my Windows 10 PC. Please help. One day out the blue sky i got the issue saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.” There is only 1 user account and it does not wanna sign in. Booting in safe mode...
  4. User profile sign in error

User profile sign in error: I’m having huge problem on my Windows 10 PC. Please help. One day out the blue sky i got the issue saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.” There is only 1 user account and it does not wanna sign in. Booting in safe mode...
  5. User profile sign in error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. User profile server failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile server failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded Error: So I’ve had this problem for 2 days now and I cannot find a way to fix it. I’ve seen videos about going into safe mode to access the files but when I do go into safe mode it gets me stuck with a white screen and all I can see is my mouse, so can anyone please help me out...
  7. User profile server failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded Error

User profile server failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded Error: So I’ve had this problem for 2 days now and I cannot find a way to fix it. I’ve seen videos about going into safe mode to access the files but when I do go into safe mode it gets me stuck with a white screen and all I can see is my mouse, so can anyone please help me out...
  8. User profile server failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error

User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error: Please help!! I was in the process of making changes to environment variables. After rebooting my device started up, I signed in, and then I noticed it said it was preparing my desktop. I get to the Home Screen most of my desktop files are missing, the Windows background...
  10. User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Exists but there’s a you cannot sign in error: Please help!! I was in the process of making changes to environment variables. After rebooting my device started up, I signed in, and then I noticed it said it was preparing my desktop. I get to the Home Screen most of my desktop files are missing, the Windows background...