Windows 10: User/profile is downloads folder

Discus and support User/profile is downloads folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So i don't know what i did but my "User" profile shows the download symbol. Sorry it's not in English Imgur: The magic of the Internet Imgur: The magic... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DontLookAtMe, Oct 2, 2019.

1. User/profile is downloads folder

So i don't know what i did but my "User" profile shows the download symbol.
    Sorry it's not in English
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    (this means users/profiles)
    (this is supposed to be my user/profile but somehow it has downloads icon)
    This is what i get when i open the user folder
    This is what I expect.
    And the path is still C:\Users\User.
    And yes my downloads go in C:\Users\User\Downloads
    Is this a problem? How do I fix It? Do I need to fix It?
    I restored the downloads folder (that's why it is in English) but nothing changed. Thanks for taking your time to reply!

:)

DontLookAtMe, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. User/profile is downloads folder :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

User/profile is downloads folder

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Kari, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

User/profile is downloads folder

1. User/profile is downloads folder - Similar Threads - User profile downloads

2. User Profile Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  3. User Profile Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  4. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  5. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  6. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Restoring Users or Profile folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Users or Profile folders: Currently on Windows 10 x64 Pro v2004 build 19041.572 Problem occurs also in v1909 In February in setup my new system with the system drive on an SSD and the Users folder on a HDD following Kari's wonderful tutorial. No problems there. All working splendidly. However after a...
  8. User/profile is downloads folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User/profile is downloads folder: Hi, i have the same problem as this guy, but i have not a solution User/profile is downloads folder 165566
  9. Fix accidentally merged user profile folder with library downloads

Fix accidentally merged user profile folder with library downloads: I was moving some files around on my hard drive and I accidentally merged my User folder with my Downloads folder. So in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I see C:\Users\Downloads. Is there a way to fix this using PowerShell or Registry Edit? Below is...
  10. User Profile Folder Name

User Profile Folder Name: This just something I'm starting up in hopes that enough people will complain about it that Microsoft will change the programming to make it easier to get your User folder renamed. Because going through the hassle of creating a new user, backing up all your files in your...