Windows 10: User profile Issue

Discus and support User profile Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to change my username in C: drive instead I ended creating two folders with all my files and now windows has created a TEMP folder and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KashishGandhi16, Feb 18, 2021.

1. User profile Issue

I was trying to change my username in C: drive instead I ended creating two folders with all my files and now windows has created a TEMP folder and all of my new details are being saved into that folder.

Please Help on how to have a permanent user name folder with a desired title

:)

KashishGandhi16, Feb 18, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Feb 18, 2021
  3. new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 18, 2021
  4. v444 Win User

User profile Issue

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

User profile Issue

1. User profile Issue - Similar Threads - User profile Issue

2. Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user profile issue - temporary profile is unable to load: Hello,We are running Windows 11 22H2 on our Azure-joined laptops in our environment. We are having an issue where user profiles are not loading correctly and going into a backup state. It then tries to load a temporary user profile but that also fails to load. The user just...
  3. User profile cannot be loaded issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile cannot be loaded issue.: Hello, today i reset my pc, it took an hour or two to finish. Once i started it up and logged in, it displayed “User profile cannot be loaded” error, I tried to open regedit in safe mode, but the screen was flickering. I am scared to reset it again because it might cause an...
  4. User profile cannot be loaded issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile cannot be loaded issue.: Hello, today i reset my pc, it took an hour or two to finish. Once i started it up and logged in, it displayed “User profile cannot be loaded” error, I tried to open regedit in safe mode, but the screen was flickering. I am scared to reset it again because it might cause an...
  5. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  6. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  7. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. User profile temporary sign-in issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile temporary sign-in issue: WHY has this update been released when the Build 20226 issue was already known? I cannot log into my normal account and do not have any programming knowledge, so I cannot apply the 'workarounds' I've found on the internet. I am FURIOUS with the amount of time I have wasted...
  9. User profile issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User profile issue: Hello all So when I restart my laptop, I have the option to login as administrator or there is another username. I can login as administrator but apparently all my files are under the other profile. The password I previously used says it's wrong. When I login as admin, I...
  10. New user profile issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New user profile issue: In my work we have a 1 desktop/laptop, that are connected to a domain, per user. In some cases someone has to sign on to another users PC. This is when the issue arises. As soon as another user logs on to the PC the windows search does not work, when you search for anything...