Windows 10: User Profile migration problem

Discus and support User Profile migration problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Customer I work for is pulling in a smaller firm running Windows clean Azure. I am to get those users onto the On-prem domain and have been given the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dan C. Cunnings, Jun 19, 2022.

1. User Profile migration problem

Customer I work for is pulling in a smaller firm running Windows clean Azure. I am to get those users onto the On-prem domain and have been given the task to move not only their data but also their current user account experience. Going through everything I could find over the weekend I get to the point where I conclude that there is no way to do this. There doesn't even seem to be a way to link a local or domain profile to an Azure account???

:)

Dan C. Cunnings, Jun 19, 2022
  2. Rose Ter Win User

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jun 19, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

4. User Profile migration problem

migrate user profile

Dear All,

Please tell me how to migrate default user profile in domain user profile.

Regards

Adeel Ahmed

Adeel Utopia, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

User Profile migration problem

1. User Profile migration problem - Similar Threads - User Profile migration

2. User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs: As one department ~170 persons are in a transition to move to another department on new Windows 11 PCs I would like to move, not only relevant documents but preferably, the entire user profiles with them.Most of their functions will remain the same. And so most relevant...
  3. User Profile migration problem

User Profile migration problem: Customer I work for is pulling in a smaller firm running Windows clean Azure. I am to get those users onto the On-prem domain and have been given the task to move not only their data but also their current user account experience. Going through everything I could find over...
  4. User Profile migration problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile migration problem: Customer I work for is pulling in a smaller firm running Windows clean Azure. I am to get those users onto the On-prem domain and have been given the task to move not only their data but also their current user account experience. Going through everything I could find over...
  5. User profile migration options - helpdesk PC replacements

User profile migration options - helpdesk PC replacements: Replacing peoples PC's it's a real pain making sure we get everything over. We're currently moving PPLs personal folders over to OneDrive and it will be great I'm sure, although it's a real pain getting Redirected/Offline folder data back onto the PCs and then onto OneDrive....
  6. MIgration on Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MIgration on Profile: Hi Team, we are having 40 users and computer it connected to old domainabc.local. i dont have admin access to old domain controller. we want o migrate the computer and profiles to new domain xyz.local. we have full admin access to new domain controller. For User profile...
  7. Problem with User Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with User Profile: Hello. So I wanted to reclaim some space on my SSD C:, so I tried Properties>Move on Downloads to D:. This led to my Downloads folder just holding the entire contents of D:. I tried to revert this change by the same process. What followed was Downloads having all the...
  8. Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows User profile migration - browser credentials- and favorites: Moving a users documents etc. from an old PC to a new one is quite simple But how do you get about easily migrating browser favorites and credentials from mainly Edge, Chromium Edge, Chrome and Firefox? (we've ditched IE completely by now) /BB 155720
  9. Migrating a Win10 User profile to a new acxount

Migrating a Win10 User profile to a new acxount: So here is my question. A user has changed her surname and due to other issues i have had to creat her a new AD account. I want to copy the whole contents of her user profile C:\Windows\users\••••• and then move it ti the new account, what is the easiest process to complete...
  10. User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE

User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE: Summary: Originally The below post was posted by Johan Ole Svensson as the result of an internal Survey on his part. Sadly he made the mistake to just point to the excellent answer over at "Experts Exchange" but "Experts Exchange" have shut down access for users without a...