Windows 10: User Profile Name Change

Discus and support User Profile Name Change in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do i change my user profile name from "quadr" to my name "Patrick"? for some reason, when i clean installed, it set up my user profile like... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by N00berG00ber, Jul 29, 2015.

1. User Profile Name Change

how do i change my user profile name from "quadr" to my name "Patrick"?

for some reason, when i clean installed, it set up my user profile like that instead of my name...

:)

N00berG00ber, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Johnny_55 Win User

Change C:/user profile name

I believe you would have to go to Settings\Accounts and create a new administrator account.

Once you have created a new account, logoff your system and login to the new account that you created. From there you should be able to delete the old account from the previous owner.

Johnny_55, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Change C:/user profile name

We recently bought a computer from and friend and I need to change user c:/ profile name from the previous owner's name. I try to save pictures but it shows that all folders are still under previous owner's name and won't save. Help

BrentCrump, Jul 29, 2015
  4. User Profile Name Change

bump? anyone this is annoying me so much! lol

5. Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  6. trying it now... thanks!

7. Set up a local account with the desired name, delete the other account and then change the local account to a MS account (if desired).

cyberrufus, Jul 29, 2015
  8. User Profile Name Change

the windows 7 tutorial worked! thanks!

9. Good to hear, i will add it to the overall sticky for the subforum!

Thanks @N00berG00ber

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  10. No, Thank You!

i saw that post on sevenforums, but didnet want to try it cause i figured the registry keys changed since win7, but most of them are the same.

N00berG00ber, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

User Profile Name Change

1. User Profile Name Change - Similar Threads - User Profile Name

2. User profile name changed on me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User profile name changed on me: I noticed that I no longer have a User folder that matches my name in the c:\users directory. For some reason it is labeled as "Pictures" instead. However, if I navigate to the Users folder in Command Prompt it shows the folder name as "Nick". I am thinking that I may have...
  3. User profile name changed on me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile name changed on me: I noticed that I no longer have a User folder that matches my name in the c:\users directory. For some reason it is labeled as "Pictures" instead. However, if I navigate to the Users folder in Command Prompt it shows the folder name as "Nick". I am thinking that I may have...
  4. User profile name changed on me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change My profile name in C:/Users ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change My profile name in C:/Users ?: Hi I'd like to know how to change my name in c:/Users, since it's missing letters and doesn't match my account's. Notes: My account is not local. Windows 10 version: Home Single...
  6. User name profile change but user account was deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User name profile change but user account was deleted: I was trying to change the name of my account by regedit.exe, I did it but I used command promt to run it, but now my user account disappeared and all my data as well, I can't find anything...
  7. changing user profile name account in win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing user profile name account in win10: any easy way to change user profile name under C/users/name i can change name which shows once booting to windows but C/users/name stays the same... thank you...
  8. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...
  9. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...
  10. Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 How to Change the Name of a User Profile Folder in Windows 10 When signs in to the new account for the first time. A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you...