Windows 10: User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't...

Discus and support User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't find my profile and files anywhere please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ghost4twobynoe, May 14, 2020.

1. User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't...

User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't find my profile and files anywhere please help

:)

ghost4twobynoe, May 14, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 14, 2020
  3. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 14, 2020
  4. User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't...

Profile Folder On Desktop

Hello,

I request you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Start menu > Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
    • Uncheck "User's profile" and click on OK.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 14, 2020
Thema:

User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't...

1. User profile on my desktop all of a sudden is now my laptops settings and files and i can't... - Similar Threads - User profile desktop

2. My 2nd Windows User Profile suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd Windows User Profile suddenly gone.: Hi. I need help with recovering a lost windows user profile.I have uninstalled eset antivirus last night and it prompted me to restart windows. After the restart, my 2nd windows user profile is gone, I am using that windows profile for work so all of the essential files are...
  3. My 2nd Windows User Profile suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 2nd Windows User Profile suddenly gone.: Hi. I need help with recovering a lost windows user profile.I have uninstalled eset antivirus last night and it prompted me to restart windows. After the restart, my 2nd windows user profile is gone, I am using that windows profile for work so all of the essential files are...
  4. My 2nd Windows User Profile suddenly gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My other local account user profile on my laptop disappeared one day and now I can't log in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My other local account user profile on my laptop disappeared one day and now I can't log in...: It doesn't even say the account exists anymore in the settings and control panel but it still says that a portion of my storage around 5~ GB are still being used by 'other people' and I still have the files of the other local account user profile in my computer and I can...
  6. My other local account user profile on my laptop disappeared one day and now I can't log in...

My other local account user profile on my laptop disappeared one day and now I can't log in...: It doesn't even say the account exists anymore in the settings and control panel but it still says that a portion of my storage around 5~ GB are still being used by 'other people' and I still have the files of the other local account user profile in my computer and I can...
  7. Help! 'Pictures' folder replaced my user profile, now all the contents of pictures and my...

Help! 'Pictures' folder replaced my user profile, now all the contents of pictures and my...: So I moved the default file location for both Pictures and Videos to a new drive, after some time I decided to move them back, but when I moved pictures to my user my name 'pictures' replaced my name so the pictures folder is the default location for all my user info, how do...
  8. OneDrive Error and now User Profile and all my data is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive Error and now User Profile and all my data is missing: I am setting up a new PC for my boss. I was literally on the very last thing, copying over a folder from his old PC to his new one. After the folder copied the PC kinda froze so I rebooted it. He has an Office365 account so when I set this up, his user profile was tied to...
  9. How do I make a mandatory profile (desktop, user setting, etc) as default for all users...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a mandatory profile (desktop, user setting, etc) as default for all users...: Hello! My question is in the title I have to create a new image for Win10 laptops which will be installed on 48 tablet PC I'm kind of new at this job so I'd rather ask first I'm planning on using clonezilla, but I'm not really sure it will make the desktop the same for all...
  10. I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I changed my computer user profile from administrator to a user and now I can't do anything...: Earlier today I made the mistake of changing my user settings on my computer profile from administrator to user now I don't have permission to uninstall/ download things or change my profile back to an administrator, all I get is a message to enter administrator credentials...