Windows 10: User profile service failed to sign in

Discus and support User profile service failed to sign in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've factory reset my windows and reinstalled windows 10 via USBHowever now I can only sign in to windows with my USB in. If I don't have my USB in I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Syed Mohammed AliRizvi, Apr 21, 2022.

1. User profile service failed to sign in

I've factory reset my windows and reinstalled windows 10 via USBHowever now I can only sign in to windows with my USB in. If I don't have my USB in I get "User profile service failed to sign in"I've done everything I can. Any help?I can't use windows without my USB that windows on itI've already factory reset my pc and put new windows 10 on it.

:)

Syed Mohammed AliRizvi, Apr 21, 2022

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 21, 2022
  4. VinceB Win User

User profile service failed to sign in

User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

User profile service failed to sign in

1. User profile service failed to sign in - Similar Threads - User profile service

2. User profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile service service failed the sign in: I recently ran some software of AVG antivirus I believe the one that removes all traces and the one that grants permission of some sorts I restarted my laptop and I got that error. When I try to sign in it says to use the password of my microsoft account which I double...
  3. User profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile service service failed the sign in: I recently ran some software of AVG antivirus I believe the one that removes all traces and the one that grants permission of some sorts I restarted my laptop and I got that error. When I try to sign in it says to use the password of my microsoft account which I double...
  4. User profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The user profile service service failed the sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The user profile service service failed the sign in: I resetted my PC to improve performance and it asked me to put in my password, so I did and it showed "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." I restarted my PC multiple times and it still shows the same error....
  6. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  7. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  8. User Profile service service failed the sign in

User Profile service service failed the sign in: I have a DELL laptop Inspiron 7306. All was working great and no issues. I was gonna give it to another family member. Wanted to do a total fresh install of Windows so I did this from the desktop. I let it do its thing. Came back in about an hour and instead of it starting...
  9. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: After a failed attempt at factory resetting my desktop, I began to receive this message when I tried to login to my computer. I have tried to start my computer through safe mode, which has not worked, and have tried to go to a restore point, which also failed to work. Any way...
  10. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: After a failed attempt at factory resetting my desktop, I began to receive this message when I tried to login to my computer. I have tried to start my computer through safe mode, which has not worked, and have tried to go to a restore point, which also failed to work. Any way...