Windows 10: User Profile Service fails to load

Discus and support User Profile Service fails to load in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is more of a review than a question. The most recent update to Windows 10 seems to have corrupted my profile and I am unable to log on to my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChrisChris9, Dec 31, 2018.

1. User Profile Service fails to load

This is more of a review than a question. The most recent update to Windows 10 seems to have corrupted my profile and I am unable to log on to my computer. Last night before I went to bed everything worked fine. This morning I woke up to find a useless hunk of metal. After hours of watching youtube videos and reading microsoft forums to find a fix, I determined there was no fix and I had to reset my PC. Thanks Microsoft! You suck, and I hope someday you can provide an operating system that enhances my productivity rather than derailing it.

:)

ChrisChris9, Dec 31, 2018

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Dec 31, 2018
  3. VinceB Win User
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Dec 31, 2018
  4. User Profile Service fails to load

The user profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Manjunath,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting “The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" error message while logging into your account.

Before we start troubleshooting the issue, we require more information to narrow down the issue.

• Did you make any changes to the account prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to login with the Guest accounts?
    • How exactly did you access C drive? Are you able to access the desktop?

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer.

Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

User Profile Service fails to load

1. User Profile Service fails to load - Similar Threads - User Profile Service

2. User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded: did full reset to transfer ownership of Dell laptop. Can't boot up. Get this messageUser Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded...
  3. 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.': I recently reset my old PC which had Windows 10 32 bit with option of removing all data. After this process it let me sign-in to my microsoft account with my pin, but after inputting my pin it shows 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be...
  4. 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.': I recently reset my old PC which had Windows 10 32 bit with option of removing all data. After this process it let me sign-in to my microsoft account with my pin, but after inputting my pin it shows 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be...
  5. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: Hi, I get this after I reset/cleanup my Laptop it’s a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, I already tried to boot into safe mode but It only get stuck in a loading screen, I also don’t have any other user profile that I can boot on, I even tried to reset/cleanup my laptop for the...
  6. "The user Profile Service service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The user Profile Service service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded": I was attempting to test making a standard user account and modifying the GPEDIT settings for user settings regarding running updates.I wanted to try changing the standard user settings to allow them to install updates.So while logged in as admin I created the standard user...
  7. The User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: So i just reset my pc because it was running slow, when i try to log in I am hit with the error message above. I have been trying to resolve this for 4 hours by researching everything. When i try to go into safe mode all i see is a white screen with nothing but my mouse on...
  8. The User profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The User profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: In this morning. I just tried to create a new user account.And then I restarted my pclaptop.and there is the option to switch user... And then I switched and changed to my new user.. but its showing error that.... "The User Profile Service service failed to Sign-in. User...
  9. "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.": On sign-in to WIndows 10 I get this message. From various forums includiing this one I see that I need to do something to the regedit, and to do this need to be in safe mode. However, when I go through all the motions to get to safe mode, I am always brought back to sign-in....
  10. User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.: How can I recover from this error message? I click on OK, and then see the sign on screen again prompting me to enter my MS password. Not able to login as this repeats ..... regards, . 14278