Windows 10: User profile service stopped working

Discus and support User profile service stopped working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On one of my PCs I checked the reliability history and noted a message from earlier on about 'User profile service stopped working'. The machine seems... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 28, 2016.

1. User profile service stopped working

On one of my PCs I checked the reliability history and noted a message from earlier on about 'User profile service stopped working'. The machine seems fine and has been on and off a couple times since the message time with no seeiming ill effects. The message doesn't repeat itself other than the once. What is the message relating to and is it anything to worry about, ie. a one time glitch?

Thks

:)

Scottyboy99, Sep 28, 2016

2. "The User Profile Profile Service service failed the sign-in." "User profile cannot be loaded." Need Help!

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if works.

Refer to the following Microsoft article on Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Once you are able to access the Desktop then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to start the User Profile Service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service.
    • Double click on User Profile Service and click on Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 28, 2016
  3. "The User Profile Profile Service service failed the sign-in." "User profile cannot be loaded." Need Help!

Hello there. I am having trouble signing into my new account
    I have added to my PC and I get this result (IMAGE) I would really like to get this new account running on my PC and be happy.

Specs: Intel Core i3-3217U 1.80GHz 8.00 GB RAM 7.89 Usable, Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit and it's an Asus laptop.
    I can confirm that I HAVE added the account to my PC and my family. I use an
    Outlook account of course. Best thanks, Dylan.

User profile service stopped working [​IMG]

Dylan-Crawford-, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

User profile service stopped working

1. User profile service stopped working - Similar Threads - User profile service

2. Why doesn't user profile service work?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why doesn't user profile service work?: I tried to login on my account but was told that the user profile service wasn't working so I then booted the computer up in safe mode to fix it but when I tried to login it just stayed on the welcome screen forever...
  3. Why doesn't user profile service work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't user profile service work?: I tried to login on my account but was told that the user profile service wasn't working so I then booted the computer up in safe mode to fix it but when I tried to login it just stayed on the welcome screen forever...
  4. Why doesn't user profile service work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.: Hey, I need help with fixing my computer. I tried to do a factory reset to my computer and it failed. I got to the point where it said cloud or local download, but it said cloud didn’t work so try local. i did local and after that i tried to log back in and it said User...
  6. User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.: Hey, I need help with fixing my computer. I tried to do a factory reset to my computer and it failed. I got to the point where it said cloud or local download, but it said cloud didn’t work so try local. i did local and after that i tried to log back in and it said User...
  7. User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BroadcastDVD User Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BroadcastDVD User Service Stopped Working: I really need explanation and solution for this. When i open my laptop last morning, this service detected by reliability history as APPCRASH 21x times. This is only happend this day, also yesterday the service stopped working once when im using chrome. This is the...
  9. User Profile Service Service failed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Service Service failed: Hi, I am having the same problem. One admin account which i created using mail id. Another Guest account. Admin account got this problem. So couldnt change anything in Guest account. If i give admin password in guest account to run command prompt in admin mode or...
  10. User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.: How can I recover from this error message? I click on OK, and then see the sign on screen again prompting me to enter my MS password. Not able to login as this repeats ..... regards, . 14278