Windows 10: User Profile Services failure error after factory reset

Discus and support User Profile Services failure error after factory reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I factory reset my Windows10 laptop, using remove all my personal files option. After it's done, my user profile is still there, and when i try to sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by imrkaey, Nov 23, 2022.

1. imrkaey Win User

User Profile Services failure error after factory reset

I factory reset my Windows10 laptop, using remove all my personal files option. After it's done, my user profile is still there, and when i try to sign in, it gives "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in" error, and I can't seem to do anything about it.Is there any way to delete the user profile so that I can start from scratch like the first time I used it?I tried signing in with a safe mode but it didn't work.I appreciate your help in advance!

:)

imrkaey, Nov 23, 2022

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 23, 2022
  4. VinceB Win User

User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

1. User Profile Services failure error after factory reset - Similar Threads - User Profile Services

2. “User profile service failed to sign in” after factory reset failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “User profile service failed to sign in” after factory reset failed: After trying to factory reset my pc, after a while it started to say “Undoing changes,” and reverted back to normal. When trying to login to my user, though, I got the “user profile service failed the sign-in” error code, and was taken back to the launch screen. After trying...
  3. “User profile service failed to sign in” after factory reset failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “User profile service failed to sign in” after factory reset failed: After trying to factory reset my pc, after a while it started to say “Undoing changes,” and reverted back to normal. When trying to login to my user, though, I got the “user profile service failed the sign-in” error code, and was taken back to the launch screen. After trying...
  4. “User profile service failed to sign in” after factory reset failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. User Profile Service service failed after factory reset and unable to access troubleshoot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed after factory reset and unable to access troubleshoot...: It all began with a "USB Power Surge" error message that would not quit popping up even after I removed all USB devices. I reset my Lenovo Yoga 9 using Windows Reset This PC option with download windows from the cloud option. Once the download was complete my PC restarted &...
  6. User Profile Service service failed after factory reset and unable to access troubleshoot...

User Profile Service service failed after factory reset and unable to access troubleshoot...: It all began with a "USB Power Surge" error message that would not quit popping up even after I removed all USB devices. I reset my Lenovo Yoga 9 using Windows Reset This PC option with download windows from the cloud option. Once the download was complete my PC restarted &...
  7. User Profile Services failure error after factory reset

User Profile Services failure error after factory reset: I factory reset my Windows10 laptop, using remove all my personal files option. After it's done, my user profile is still there, and when i try to sign in, it gives "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in" error, and I can't seem to do anything about it.Is there...
  8. User Profile Services failure error after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Profile Services failure error after factory reset: I factory reset my Windows10 laptop, using remove all my personal files option. After it's done, my user profile is still there, and when i try to sign in, it gives "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in" error, and I can't seem to do anything about it.Is there...
  9. user profile service service failed the sign-in windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile service service failed the sign-in windows 10 after factory reset: I am trying to give my old Alienware r7 with windows 10 to my friend. I reset it and performed the “reset this pc” in the recovery section and selected the longer version to erase everything. After it finished, the login screen was still there. Passwords/pin # did not work...
  10. user profile service service failed the sign-in windows 10 after factory reset

user profile service service failed the sign-in windows 10 after factory reset: I am trying to give my old Alienware r7 with windows 10 to my friend. I reset it and performed the “reset this pc” in the recovery section and selected the longer version to erase everything. After it finished, the login screen was still there. Passwords/pin # did not work...