Windows 10: user profile status set to backup

Discus and support user profile status set to backup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how to I repair my user account. every time I log on windows preps it as if it is new account,. lost power when shut down after installing software ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wayne Handzushandzus, Dec 31, 2018.

1. user profile status set to backup

how to I repair my user account. every time I log on windows preps it as if it is new account,. lost power when shut down after installing software , wouldn't boot afterwards, used windows 10 repair disk and now boots but cant sign on ,

I had a standard account just in case of trouble so I could log on and I had to use that to log on ,.

my main account is set to backup under user profiles, I changed it back following instruction on the web using regedit , then rebooted 5 times and logged on to another account where the profile appeared as a normal local account , that was before trying the bad account ,. my main account,. and I used another admin account to change the registry ,

I'm afraid I am going to have to scrap the install and use an image but would prefer repair rather then delete and reinstall from an image

I been on this for over 24 hours now. with some sleep in between

please help and happy new year ., not too happy tho big trouble

thanks friends wayne

:)

wayne Handzushandzus, Dec 31, 2018

2. new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 31, 2018
  3. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

start the service.
      Automatic

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Dec 31, 2018
  4. user profile status set to backup

User Profile fails sign-in

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will surely help you with it.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

start the service.
      Automatic

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

user profile status set to backup

1. user profile status set to backup - Similar Threads - user profile status

2. Questions about user info backup or user profile merging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Questions about user info backup or user profile merging: Hi, I'm having some problems with administrative privileges for a while with my user and today I discovered that my courent user was not the default administartor one and that profile was deactivated. I have reacativated it and all the problems I had were not present...
  3. User Profile Changed Into Backup and logged in using a default new profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Profile Changed Into Backup and logged in using a default new profile: recently on 18-8-2020 my pc updated automatically . after the upate as i logged in my laptop .... it was as if i bought a new computer and there were no files in my desktop and other folders. when went in The Pc- Users- {My Main Account Username } i found all my files in...
  4. How to safely backup user profiles to a NAS?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to safely backup user profiles to a NAS?: I want to take daily backups of user profiles - at least AppData, Documents, Descktop - to a NAS drive with some degree of security from malware. There are problems with everything I've tried (or just looked at) so far. Macrium Reflect files and folders backups work, but MR...
  5. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.: I'd like a choice where I can backup file history for both Admin and user. But they recognize different drives for that purpose. Shouldn't they recognize all of them? Both accounts? Here's a screenshot of what I have attached. This seems strange. [img] 151130
  6. User Profile Not Displayed In Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile Not Displayed In Settings: I have a fresh install of Win10Pro and I'm having trouble with profiles. I can't turn off the log in step on startup (I've been through the process of turning it off, as seen in the image), and sometimes it shows a second profile with the same name (but without a profile...
  7. Missing Backup Status Overlays...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Backup Status Overlays...: Good Day, For a while my Overlays stopped appearing on my files (I use Norton 360). I did everything the chat boards recommended to get them back but nothing worked. The files are being backed up; I checked the backup drive for several files and they are there and...
  8. Copy user profile and settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy user profile and settings: Ok everyone here is my problem. The original 1809 update caused my Xbox live to stop working on this profile only. I can get it working again if I create a new user profile but all my files and settings, etc. are under my old profile (windows/users/Mike). I would like to...
  9. Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared: Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 some months ago. Original profile did not require password to log in, and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of. I added a user a couple of days ago (added a personal account of mine with my own...
  10. Replacing/updating user profile with older/backup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Replacing/updating user profile with older/backup: I've gone through hell the last 2 weeks , unlike with the last iterations of windose I could grab all the folders in a profile and drag and drop it into the profile to be updated with the old information,ect. If I am understanding the info I have read win10 uses a live...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 user profile status set to backup

2. user account staus is backup windows 10

3. user profile status backup windows 10

4. user profile status backup,
  5. user profile status is backup WINDOWS 10,
  6. windows profile status backup,
  7. user profiles status backup,
  8. how to change user profile status backup to local,
  9. how to chance a user from back up to local,
  10. user profile backup status,
  11. how to change a user profile from backup to local,