Windows 10: user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc

Discus and support user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I move user profiles from old windows 7 computer to new windows 10 computer? Its been 10 years since I last upgraded the computers. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Coleman2, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Coleman2 Win User

user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc

how do I move user profiles from old windows 7 computer to new windows 10 computer? Its been 10 years since I last upgraded the computers. The transfer process was built in then, why not now?

:)

Coleman2, Dec 7, 2019
  2. MenyEi Win User

Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Neil13764 Win User
    Using Old Win 7 license to Upgrade to Win 10

I have a PC that came with Win 7 and I upgraded it to Win 10 when the upgrade was free.

I now have a new PC that shipped with Win 10. On the new PC I will be installing Vmware so I have a virtual machine. How can I use the Win 7 license from the old PC (and then upgrade it to Win 10) to install it on the new PC virtual PC?

If needed I can uninstall Windows from the old PC.

Neil13764, Dec 7, 2019
  4. user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc

Help! Win 7 and old chipset.

I'm trying to help out a friend and have loaded win 7 on their pc. But as it's a skt 939 board with the nForce4 chipset, the drivers are not compatable. Specifically for the audio chipset and ethernet.

What solutions can you guys suggest? And no, can't reinstall xp as it was completely trashed by viruses and the guy who built the pc for her never gave her the license code.

King Wookie, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc

1. user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc - Similar Threads - user profiles move

2. Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .: Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. Is there an ap I can download that will tell me which software will work on 11, and which will not? I'd rather know ahead of time....
  3. Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .: Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. Is there an ap I can download that will tell me which software will work on 11, and which will not? I'd rather know ahead of time....
  4. switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc: Pretty self explanatory. The reason why I wanted to do this was because the new pc has a 256gb ssd and my old pc has a 500gb ssd, I also personally don't like win 11Could I just replace the new ssd with the old one directly? Or would that mess up the OS?...
  5. switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching C: drives from old win 10 pro pc to new win 11 pc: Pretty self explanatory. The reason why I wanted to do this was because the new pc has a 256gb ssd and my old pc has a 500gb ssd, I also personally don't like win 11Could I just replace the new ssd with the old one directly? Or would that mess up the OS?...
  6. Move from Win 7 to Win 10, installation on older PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move from Win 7 to Win 10, installation on older PC.: Hello, it is good idea now move from Win 7 to Win 10? I have heard that Win 10 21H2 will be last build before Win 11, so make sense wait until it come? I dont want reinstall my OS every 6 months, that is why i stuck on Win 7. There is no hurry for me leave Win 7, i only move...
  7. upgrade win 7 pc to win 10

upgrade win 7 pc to win 10: hey.this is my desctop pc for my work place.i want to upgrade win 7 to win 10.i use import software about my work place.if i upgrade with windows update assistant my software maybe removed/?//?...
  8. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...
  9. Win 10 upgrade from Retail Win 7 New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 upgrade from Retail Win 7 New PC: Hi I currently have Win 10 from the free upgrade from a retail version of Win 7. I have a new (used) PC that already has Win 7 installed by the previous owner. I'd like to install Win 10 on this machine. Do I have to install my retail Win 7 as a clean install (as...
  10. Issue connecting to Win 7 PC from Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue connecting to Win 7 PC from Win 10: When on my Win 10 PC and go to Network > Win 7 PC. Instead of connecting and letting me see the shares, it gives me an "\\COMPUTERNAME is not accessible. You might not have permission..." error. On my Win 7 PC I have all the advanced sharing settings turned on. My Win 8...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move win 7 user to new win 10 pc