Windows 10: User Profiles

Discus and support User Profiles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I wanted to change the name of one of the existing folders under “Users”I followed the instructions found online and changed the profile image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tammy999, May 12, 2022.

1. Tammy999 Win User

User Profiles

Hello,I wanted to change the name of one of the existing folders under “Users”I followed the instructions found online and changed the profile image path or something under regedit. I then restarted my laptop and it took me to a completely new profile named Temp. I went back to regedit trying to delete/undo it and my laptop files got formatted yet my downloaded applications and recycle bin remain intact is there a way for me to recover ?

:)

Tammy999, May 12, 2022

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, May 12, 2022
  3. v444 Win User
    script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

4. deving Win User

User Profiles

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 12, 2022
Thema:

User Profiles

1. User Profiles - Similar Threads - User Profiles

2. User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt: So this is a very rare case, which i never encountered.When dismounting my laptop from the docking station, try to work somewhere else without the dock i get a error when attempting to sign in.The error is as followed: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User...
  3. User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Service blocks sign in attempt: So this is a very rare case, which i never encountered.When dismounting my laptop from the docking station, try to work somewhere else without the dock i get a error when attempting to sign in.The error is as followed: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User...
  4. WSL on W11 causing Windows User Profile Service to fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL on W11 causing Windows User Profile Service to fail: Hi everyone,I'm having a problem that seems to be related to installing WSL on W11.Open cmd Run: wsl --install -d UbuntuReboot W11Set user - password for UbuntuEvery time I install WSL, I encounter this problem every time I turn on my PC: the Windows User Profile Service...
  5. WSL on W11 causing Windows User Profile Service to fail

WSL on W11 causing Windows User Profile Service to fail: Hi everyone,I'm having a problem that seems to be related to installing WSL on W11.Open cmd Run: wsl --install -d UbuntuReboot W11Set user - password for UbuntuEvery time I install WSL, I encounter this problem every time I turn on my PC: the Windows User Profile Service...
  6. the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded password...: I tried to reset my windows 10, the laptop restarted and got to the login pageI tried logging in but it kept showing 'the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded password' both my pin and finger print refused to work. I have tried...
  7. the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded password...: I tried to reset my windows 10, the laptop restarted and got to the login pageI tried logging in but it kept showing 'the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded password' both my pin and finger print refused to work. I have tried...
  8. the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded password...

9. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile cannot be loaded: Very frustrating problem. Had it on multiple machines since 21h2 if i remember correctly and on most of the machines fix was usual, registry fix with .bak rename/removal, ntuser replacement but i have one damn machine that has this problem even after win reinstall. Tried...
  10. User profile cannot be loaded

User profile cannot be loaded: Very frustrating problem. Had it on multiple machines since 21h2 if i remember correctly and on most of the machines fix was usual, registry fix with .bak rename/removal, ntuser replacement but i have one damn machine that has this problem even after win reinstall. Tried...