Windows 10: User Question.

Discus and support User Question. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a query regarding how users are seen in W10. When I look in C\users there are the standard users, public, default and my user name but not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Arnak, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Arnak Win User

User Question.

Hi,

I have a query regarding how users are seen in W10.

When I look in C\users there are the standard users, public, default and my user name but not my admin user name.

When I look in the Task Manager there is my other admin user as set up with Microsoft which is what I have logged into the PC with.

I do not understand how that works am I using my local user name or the Admin one that I logged in with?

When I use the Task Scheduler it only displays my local user name not my Admin name that I am signed into the PC with even although I have opened the scheduler as Admin!!

If I also look in the User Accounts app there is only my Admin (Microsoft) account.

Any idea why that is, please?

Martin

:)

Arnak, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2020
  4. User Question.

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    User Question. 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

User Question.

1. User Question. - Similar Threads - User Question

2. Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Reg Desktop Files in "This PC" , User and One Drive: Windows 10, purchased Oct 2019. Are the Desktop folders/files listed in "This PC," "One Drive" andc:/user/myname suppose to be the same? I seem to be having issues with the Icon shortcuts I have selected appearing on my Desktop. When I look at the Desktop files listed...
  3. Question re User Account Control settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question re User Account Control settings: I have a couple of applications that every time I launch them Windows asks that I grant permission to allow the application to make changes to my computer. The slider under User Account Control settings makes the decision to grant access an all or nothing choice, that is to...
  4. Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Questions About Windows 10 (as a new user).: Hello, I recently made the jump from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I have some questions about the OS: The alphabetical start menu is a bit annoying. Can I turn off sorting it like that? Someone requested the same thing back in 2015 and I was wondering if this is still a...
  5. Question over adding family users vs. others?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question over adding family users vs. others?: What would be the difference with respect to capabilities of the IDs in using this PC? TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-over-adding-family-users-vs-others/5bc434b8-a6e4-46e6-9de1-06634fcbdb1a"
  6. Question about Office 2019 and one user?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Question about Office 2019 and one user?: I have a PC and a laptop, they are both used by me only. Can I install the software Office 2019 to both of them? In the future, if I upgrade my PC, does it lock to my older hardware and I'll need to purchase the Office again? 139735
  7. Basic Question about User Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Question about User Permissions: Hello, I am trying to set up a second user on my laptop (Windows 10) for the first time. The idea is to give a colleague access to a single folder and its subfolders, but not its parent folders or any other folders on the machine. I have created a new user and, from the...
  8. Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!: Having been in the military, the best question left capable of being asked is one that has no anticipated answer. You having your demographic shopping list of user information is not appreciated and I DEMAND that you rethink your "security" if you believe having all of the...
  9. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...
  10. Remove User Account Picture Followup Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User Account Picture Followup Question: There seems to be very little activity in the Customization forum so I am posting here hoping not to get admonished : ) I tried this method outlined here last year with out any success (1703) though that was before @Ten Forward 's comments. Has anyone tried this lately...