Windows 10: User Question.

Discus and support User Question. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a query regarding how users are seen in W10. When I look in C\users there are the standard users, public, default and my user name but not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Arnak, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Arnak Win User

User Question.

Hi,

I have a query regarding how users are seen in W10.

When I look in C\users there are the standard users, public, default and my user name but not my admin user name.

When I look in the Task Manager there is my other admin user as set up with Microsoft which is what I have logged into the PC with.

I do not understand how that works am I using my local user name or the Admin one that I logged in with?

When I use the Task Scheduler it only displays my local user name not my Admin name that I am signed into the PC with even although I have opened the scheduler as Admin!!

If I also look in the User Accounts app there is only my Admin (Microsoft) account.

Any idea why that is, please?

Martin

:)

Arnak, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2020
  4. User Question.

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    User Question. 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

User Question.

1. User Question. - Similar Threads - User Question

2. Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question: I need help. I am experiencing the windows 10 bug where my user selection at the login screen isn't present. The only account it will bring up is my sons account, which is corrupt. Where it get's sticky is that I can find a way to bring up a login to get into my admin...
  3. Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question: I need help. I am experiencing the windows 10 bug where my user selection at the login screen isn't present. The only account it will bring up is my sons account, which is corrupt. Where it get's sticky is that I can find a way to bring up a login to get into my admin...
  4. Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Questions about user info backup or user profile merging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Questions about user info backup or user profile merging: Hi, I'm having some problems with administrative privileges for a while with my user and today I discovered that my courent user was not the default administartor one and that profile was deactivated. I have reacativated it and all the problems I had were not present...
  6. My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key: I have eight computers. I currently have a 20 user license for Windows 10 enterprise. I have one computer set up as a clone station. I continually upgrade my clone on this computer, and then I make copies of the clone, install the new clone in another computer, and then I...
  7. My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key

My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key: I have eight computers. I currently have a 20 user license for Windows 10 enterprise. I have one computer set up as a clone station. I continually upgrade my clone on this computer, and then I make copies of the clone, install the new clone in another computer, and then I...
  8. A question about signing out of a user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about signing out of a user: So this may seem like a dumb question, but does signing out of a user remove that user’s name from the login screen? Normally I have two users available on my login screen and after selecting one I just have to enter the password. However, one has disappeared and I was...
  9. One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...: I too will be ditching Paint 3D as it is no longer any use to me - simply because of a stupid, and completely unnecessary change to the eraser function.In fact, I am due a new machine. Mac is looking better all the time....
  10. One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...

One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...: I too will be ditching Paint 3D as it is no longer any use to me - simply because of a stupid, and completely unnecessary change to the eraser function.In fact, I am due a new machine. Mac is looking better all the time....