Windows 10: User restrictions

Discus and support User restrictions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TJhere, Mar 14, 2019.

1. TJhere Win User

User restrictions

How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs?

:)

TJhere, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Need some restriction of my standard user in my PC

The easiest way to restrict a standard user from accessing the files of another user account is by ensuring that the files are saved to the
    C:\Users\<AdministratorUsername> folder or the %userprofiles% folder. If a standard user attempts to access the files from the said folder, by default, it would instantly prompt for the administrator's credentials in order
    to access it.

If you wish to put restrictions on a specific file, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the specific file and choose Properties.
    • Choose Security tab.
    • Click Edit.
    • Choose Add.
    • Type the username, click Check Name and then, hit
      OK.
    • You can now manage the restrictions for the user profile, under Permissions for <username>.
    If you wanted to set a restriction on the Local Drive, follow these steps:

• Double-click This PC.
    • Right-click on Local Disk (CUser restrictions :).
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Security tab.
    • Click Edit.
    • Choose Add.
    • Type the username, click Check Name and then, hit OK.
    • Set the level of restriction for the said drive.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

User restrictions

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

User restrictions

1. User restrictions - Similar Threads - User restrictions

2. Is it possible, the Window should be restricted so that users cannot navigate to other web...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible, the Window should be restricted so that users cannot navigate to other web...: Recently, I have received a task below:Create a new GenMenu "Kiosk Mode" with a single button- Button name: xxx- URL: xxx- Button to launch Edge in InPrivate mode- If possible, the Window should be restricted so that users cannot navigate to other web pages- If possible,...
  3. Is it possible, the Window should be restricted so that users cannot navigate to other web...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible, the Window should be restricted so that users cannot navigate to other web...: Recently, I have received a task below:Create a new GenMenu "Kiosk Mode" with a single button- Button name: xxx- URL: xxx- Button to launch Edge in InPrivate mode- If possible, the Window should be restricted so that users cannot navigate to other web pages- If possible,...
  4. Is it possible, the Window should be restricted so that users cannot navigate to other web...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  6. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  7. Can I restrict access to installed software from a user account on Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I restrict access to installed software from a user account on Windows 10 pro?: Hello.I have a desktop with Windows 10 pro, Intel's i5 13600 processor, and 32GB of RAM.My question is: if I create two normal non-admin users on Win 10 pro, would I be able to keep all their data isolated from each-other?For example, if the admin account creates "user A",...
  8. Can I restrict access to installed software from a user account on Windows 10 pro?

Can I restrict access to installed software from a user account on Windows 10 pro?: Hello.I have a desktop with Windows 10 pro, Intel's i5 13600 processor, and 32GB of RAM.My question is: if I create two normal non-admin users on Win 10 pro, would I be able to keep all their data isolated from each-other?For example, if the admin account creates "user A",...
  9. Can I restrict access to installed software from a user account on Windows 10 pro?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in. For example: blank passwords...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in. For example: blank passwords...: Hello,I have been using a hidden user that is an administrator, I used to use that user to run program as admin sometime. But recently I found viruses in my pc and now when I tries to login using my hidden user it tells me " Account restrictions are preventing this user from...