Windows 10: User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!

Discus and support User Security settings error HELP PLEASE! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, So here is the background on this issue. Last week I had the "blue screen" pop up and was unable to fix it in my HP. The checks said it's going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KoriDas, May 10, 2022.

1. KoriDas Win User

User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!

Hi All, So here is the background on this issue. Last week I had the "blue screen" pop up and was unable to fix it in my HP. The checks said it's going to die at any minute. So I pulled the hard drive and today I received a SSD reader so I could copy the hard drive and try and save some personal files. When I went though the process of changing the owner to "everyone" in the advanced security settings for the users the system it ran into an error in one of the programs and it could not get by it. It timed out and now it will not let me skip it or anything. What else can I do to try and get

:)

KoriDas, May 10, 2022

2. How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, May 10, 2022
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 10, 2022
  4. User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 10, 2022
Thema:

User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!

1. User Security settings error HELP PLEASE! - Similar Threads - User Security settings

2. Windows Security "Standard Hardware Security" Error is not going away. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security "Standard Hardware Security" Error is not going away. Please help: My windows security was working before, but ever since i did a fresh windows install, my windows security keeps on saying standard hardware security not supported. I went online, and made sure everything was enabled properlyTPM, cirtualization, hyperv, secure boot, but that...
  3. Windows Security "Standard Hardware Security" Error is not going away. Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security "Standard Hardware Security" Error is not going away. Please help: My windows security was working before, but ever since i did a fresh windows install, my windows security keeps on saying standard hardware security not supported. I went online, and made sure everything was enabled properlyTPM, cirtualization, hyperv, secure boot, but that...
  4. User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!: Hi All, So here is the background on this issue. Last week I had the "blue screen" pop up and was unable to fix it in my HP. The checks said it's going to die at any minute. So I pulled the hard drive and today I received a SSD reader so I could copy the hard drive and try...
  5. User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Security settings error HELP PLEASE!: Hi All, So here is the background on this issue. Last week I had the "blue screen" pop up and was unable to fix it in my HP. The checks said it's going to die at any minute. So I pulled the hard drive and today I received a SSD reader so I could copy the hard drive and try...
  6. Please help with window security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help with window security: My window security won't work like even in the powershell everything is disabled and it says threat service has stop and I clicked restart and it won't work....
  7. User in Distress! Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User in Distress! Please help!: I'm unable to safe remove/eject my external hard drive from the computer. I'm prompted with a dialog box that says some applications may be using the hard drive, and therefore it can't be removed. I've closed everything I was working on, and there no additional applications...
  8. Users advanced security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users advanced security settings: I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then bought up a screen and I clicked advanced settings and then clicked on find now. I clicked ok and a list of over 30 users came up...
  9. No internet, secured - help please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, secured - help please: I have a problem with connecting to my wifi on my laptop - it shows up and I can connect to it but it then says ‘no internet, secured’, so there is no internet connection and I can’t use the wifi for anything. I can still connect to the wifi as normal on my phone and on...
  10. URGEN please help windows security help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    URGEN please help windows security help: So yesterday I got a notification saying windows defender turned off click notification to turn on again, which I’ve gotten before and confirmed it’s not a fake notification NOW TODAY it says real time virus protection is off leaving your device vulnerable and I can’t toggle...