Windows 10: User setting

Discus and support User setting in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In my User folder I have two users besides Default and Public, UserA and UserB User B is really my primary and UserA was created some time ago when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pedsto, May 27, 2020.

1. pedsto Win User

User setting

In my User folder I have two users besides Default and Public, UserA and UserB
    User B is really my primary and UserA was created some time ago when I was
    playing around. MOst programs I use have the Preference option to specify
    where my files are stored. If that is not the case the storage location
    defaults to UserA. As well as all the folders under "MY PC". I would
    like to just get rid of User A but can't figure out where to set the
    user setting. Can you provide assistance?

:)

pedsto, May 27, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 27, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 27, 2020
  4. User setting

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 27, 2020
Thema:

User setting

1. User setting - Similar Threads - User setting

2. How can I allow non Admin Users to set a vlanID on ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I allow non Admin Users to set a vlanID on ethernet connection?: I have tried having the user be part of the Network Configuration Operators group which allowed this feature on Windows 10 but no longer works on Windows 11....
  3. How can I allow non Admin Users to set a vlanID on ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I allow non Admin Users to set a vlanID on ethernet connection?: I have tried having the user be part of the Network Configuration Operators group which allowed this feature on Windows 10 but no longer works on Windows 11....
  4. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer: I had to set up a new computer I'm trying to set this one up the same way but Micro soft wont let me I used to have 2 separate accounts for myself and my sons business it wont let me do this now please help...
  5. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer: I had to set up a new computer I'm trying to set this one up the same way but Micro soft wont let me I used to have 2 separate accounts for myself and my sons business it wont let me do this now please help...
  6. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

7. I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...: In settings it does not give me the option to sign in with a local or microsoft account. But, I have a slight memory of switching to a local account and now that i try to check it doesnt say anything at all. Please help me out.Thanks, Shakeeb...
  8. I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...

I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...: In settings it does not give me the option to sign in with a local or microsoft account. But, I have a slight memory of switching to a local account and now that i try to check it doesnt say anything at all. Please help me out.Thanks, Shakeeb...
  9. I am having an issue with identifying if my user account in settings is a local or a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...