Windows 10: User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

Discus and support User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to move the folder '3D Objects' and its contents from C:\users\<myname> to E::\users\myname and expected it to create a new subfolder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hiltonkirk, May 16, 2022.

1. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

I wanted to move the folder '3D Objects' and its contents from C:\users\<myname> to E::\users\myname and expected it to create a new subfolder in E:\users\<myname>. This E: drive folder is also where I have moved the links for Documents, Pictures, Downloads and Music. I expected to see E:\users\<my name>\£Dobjects included with the other subfolders. Instead Explorer now shows E:\users\3D Objects not E:\users\<my name> any more. It has effectively overwritten <my name> in Explorer view with 3D Objects and has actually added all the contents to E:\users\<my name

:)

hiltonkirk, May 16, 2022
  2. Mustachio Win User

3D objects in Users folder have no location tab

I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain.

3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to move it (when it had a location tab) I now have one in each folder. My OneDrive folder in User also has no location tab.

I'd like to finish 'moving' all objects such that anything is saved in the respective folders on the H: drive. Have not found a solution so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mustachio, May 16, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    3D objects in Users folder have no location tab

Press Win+R keys to open a run dialing box. Enter:
    shell:3D Objects

That should open an explorer window to show you where the library folder is located.

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2022
  4. spunk Win User

User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums

I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right clicked the D:\User folder itself and chose Customize to choose an icon for it. I reluctantly chose the 3D Objects icon. the User folder took on the 3D Objects icon. All was good, but after a reboot, the User folder changed names to 3D Objects. I have renamed 3D Objects back to User, and changed the icon to something different. The name change and Icon sticks in the root of D:\ but the icon in the Quick Access list is still 3D Objects, but not the User folder name, which is still User, the new icon shows in D:\ After a reboot or 2 the icon and the folder name changes to 3D Objects again. And I have to rename it again and choose a different Icon. Is there a way to stop this?

spunk, May 16, 2022
Thema:

User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

1. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121... - Similar Threads - User shell folders

2. Moved Location of 3D Objects folder, now points to clone? of Windows folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved Location of 3D Objects folder, now points to clone? of Windows folder: Was attempting to remove 3D Objects folder as it is empty and useless to me. Did the following steps:Procedure:1. Right click 3D Objects folder2. Click Properties3. Click "Location" tab4. Click "Move" button5. Select C:/Windows as new folder location6. Click 3D Objects folder...
  3. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...: I wanted to move the folder '3D Objects' and its contents from C:\users\<myname> to E::\users\myname and expected it to create a new subfolder in E:\users\<myname>. This E: drive folder is also where I have moved the links for Documents, Pictures, Downloads and Music. I...
  4. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...: I wanted to move the folder '3D Objects' and its contents from C:\users\<myname> to E::\users\myname and expected it to create a new subfolder in E:\users\<myname>. This E: drive folder is also where I have moved the links for Documents, Pictures, Downloads and Music. I...
  5. DaveM121 please help! Merged 3D Objects and user profile folder while moving 3D Objects to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DaveM121 please help! Merged 3D Objects and user profile folder while moving 3D Objects to...: Hi everyone, hopefully hi DaveM121, I have a similiar problem you have already solved for user MaxT2593: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/help-merged-3d-objects-and-user-profile-while/186a026c-49a0-4b58-a49a-07ff09025cec I also merged...
  6. User Shell Folders messed up in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Shell Folders messed up in registry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hivdb8cde0l51.png?width=1240&format=png&auto=webp&s=c503dc2939d44c6ebaabdd34b852f5de2022673e Originally I moved my user folders to my D: drive, to clear some space on my C: drive. Yesterday I had to reinstall Windos to fiz a problem. I...
  7. 3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder: Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right...
  8. 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3D objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...
  9. 3 objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3 objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...
  10. Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder: Want to move my User settings to another partition but non-tenforums steps are wrong. Now my 3D Objects appears as a folder 'Dave', in my User folder alongside Pictures, etc. (I moved it back there.) I've read the tutorials on this site and will follow. But how do I make my...