Windows 10: User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings

Discus and support User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a user that is like a duplicate of my user account it happened awhile back after a windows update where it showed up but cannot be logged into... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Blizz419, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Blizz419 Win User

User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings

I have a user that is like a duplicate of my user account it happened awhile back after a windows update where it showed up but cannot be logged into like its a broken copy of my account it shows as the default user to log in so I have to choose my real working user each time but I cannot remove it, it does not show under users and family to be removed.

:)

Blizz419, Mar 5, 2020

2. User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen

The issue is there are no restore points.

The account was setup with Admin rights. It was an AzureAD\username.

Now that I am talking about it, I am wondering if the issue could be the main user is an AzureAD profile and the Admin profile is a local. I wonder!!! could that be the problem.

When I went to switch users, I selected Other User and enter the entire username including the AzureAD\Name and entered the pin# wham it logged in to his profile.

When I checked the control panel, he was the only user listed. If I login as Admin then Admin is the only user listed.

Interesting

I may try your second option and see what happens

RussScott1, Mar 5, 2020
  3. User not Showing up at login sccreen

so me and my sister own a laptop. one day, her user dissapeared from the login screen. we checked the user setting both at settings and control panel, her user is active but ists not showing up . help me plz

DatedCloud48732, Mar 5, 2020
  4. User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings

User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen

This is a new setup of a laptop so it hasn't been in service , there are no backups to restore to.

Everything was looking and working great, I did the remaining updates and I came back from lunch and surprise no user.

I don't know what happened, but the main user account (and another) is missing at the login screen. I managed to create an administrator's account which is visible but I can't see the other user accounts
    at login or in the user accounts control panel.

I've activated and verified that the missing user accounts are active by using net user "username" /active:yes command prompt. The user's folders are still on the hard drive.

The user account is still there, the files & folders I transfered over are there. I even used the login when I tried to restore. It was one of the options with Admin rights.

I tried everything I used in the past, but the only way I was able to login as that user was to switch users and enter his AzureAD\ Name entered his pin and I was logged in as him. Because it was the
    last logged in user it displayed him when I did a restart and a shutdown and reboot.

It has been a while since I played IT, someone talked me into coming out of retirement...lol but when I look at the Control Panel User I see him not the Admin account. If I log in as Admin I see the
    Admin account but not his.

Your thoughts on how to resolve this situation.

RussScott1, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings

1. User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings - Similar Threads - User shows login

2. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account disappeared from login screen and control panel: Hi there,Dell recently replaced motherboard and we were getting " Trusted Platform Module malfunctioned". We logged off from user account and login to admin account and renamed...
  3. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account disappeared from login screen and control panel: Hi there,Dell recently replaced motherboard and we were getting " Trusted Platform Module malfunctioned". We logged off from user account and login to admin account and renamed...
  4. User account disappeared from login screen and control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Control Panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Control Panel: i am the administrator of my pc and i dont have any guest account. It not allowing me to change settings neither there is an option to enter id password. how can i solve this problem?...
  6. User Accounts now visible in Control Panel\Users

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Accounts now visible in Control Panel\Users: Windows Server 2019 Standard in Workgroup not domain Several RDP users. SQL Server 2017 Standard Core. So, some week ago I noticed that the users process is not listed anymore. I am logged in as the administrator, still in the Administrators Group. I have tried with other...
  7. Control panel user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel user account: I forgot to put a password on and i can't switch into the admin account or delete it so how do i fix it and If I take it to the windows center to let them clean up, will it help?...
  8. user account control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user account control panel: When I try and download an app on Windows 10 Pro the UAC panel only has a 'NO' option. The 'YES' option is missing. Have tried various options listed on internet sites but nothing works to date. Thank you...
  9. User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login screen: This is a new setup of a laptop so it hasn't been in service , there are no backups to restore to. Everything was looking and working great, I did the remaining updates and I came back from lunch and surprise no user. I don't know what happened, but the main user account...
  10. Control Panel - User accounts -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel - User accounts -: My user account doesn't provide a "Create a Password Reset Disk" topic, how can I solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-user-accounts/51c19f6a-f15b-46cd-a82d-71e1c34e15a7