Windows 10: User sign out/sign in

Discus and support User sign out/sign in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HitenBhanushali, Oct 19, 2021.

1. User sign out/sign in

Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?

:)

HitenBhanushali, Oct 19, 2021

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 19, 2021
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Oct 19, 2021
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

User sign out/sign in

Sign in without p/w issue

Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown.
    Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done.

Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time
    Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean install on another machine

There is no:
    "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" to uncheck
    in the clean install
    I have never seen this before and can't by pass the sign in p/w step

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

User sign out/sign in [​IMG]

Thema:

User sign out/sign in

1. User sign out/sign in - Similar Threads - User sign sign

2. A question about signing out of a user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about signing out of a user: So this may seem like a dumb question, but does signing out of a user remove that user’s name from the login screen? Normally I have two users available on my login screen and after selecting one I just have to enter the password. However, one has disappeared and I was...
  3. GPO to sign out idle user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO to sign out idle user: Dear All, Is there any GPOs or any way that I can schedule a task on the server to log out idle users ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpo-to-sign-out-idle-user/7ea62d53-b2f3-4eac-a65f-f34339c04d0d
  4. GPO to sign out idle user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO to sign out idle user: Dear All, Is there any GPOs or any way that I can schedule a task on the server to log out idle users ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpo-to-sign-out-idle-user/7ea62d53-b2f3-4eac-a65f-f34339c04d0d
  5. GPO to sign out idle user

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  7. Signing in Signing out problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Signing in Signing out problem: After start on computer showing "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of yours account and then signing back in. if you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost" how i solve this problem....
  8. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  9. Devices signed in AND signed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices signed in AND signed out: I would like to be able to see which devices are logged into my account. Because I use a VPN, the IP addresses and locations I use vary. In apple I can see the actual name of the device, even when it tells me my location is in another country. When we were hacked before, I...
  10. Win10 Signs-In Users After Sign-Out then Restart

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Signs-In Users After Sign-Out then Restart: I have a fairly new 2 months Dell XPS 8930. I created 2 user accounts. If I use Start...User...Sign Out on either account, everything goes as expected and I am taken back to the Sign-In screen. If I then use the Power button in the lower right and choose Restart, the...