Windows 10: User switching on startup windows 10

Discus and support User switching on startup windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I am currently trying to solve this issue. Yesterday i created my girlfriend account on my PC with your online service. Problem comes out that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TadeasC, Apr 16, 2020.

1. TadeasC Win User

User switching on startup windows 10

Hello

I am currently trying to solve this issue. Yesterday i created my girlfriend account on my PC with your online service. Problem comes out that when I turn off the computer and the turn it on again, we are not able to get a choice which account we want to login. If I log off from my admin account it works fine with switching them, but if she tries to log on startup its not possible since only account showing for log in is my admin. I tried even to change the properties of her acc to admin but did not worked for me. Can you advice?

Thank you kindly!

:)

TadeasC, Apr 16, 2020

2. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 16, 2020
  4. User switching on startup windows 10

Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

User switching on startup windows 10

1. User switching on startup windows 10 - Similar Threads - User switching startup

2. switching users on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  3. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch user on my pc. I don't know what happen and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-users-on-startup/b4967956-2429-40b0-8a86-f10d3748845f
  4. switching users on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. switching users on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching users on startup: I can no longer switch users on my pc, I've tried everything I could think of, from checking BIOS to running system scans to making sure he has admin privileges through regedit. PLEASE HELP...
  6. Can't switch users in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch users in Windows 10: I have setup a local user and then tried to log into that user and this is what I keep getting. "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." I have deleted the user & set it up again, but no matter what I try I still can not switch users!...
  7. Switch user in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user in windows 10: I currently have Windows 10, but when I click the start menu to switch user, the switch user button is not there. Nor is it there when I click ctrl+alt+del. Any ideas on what I should do?...
  8. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users: Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user account I scanned PC with trend AV and also Bitdefender - no issues found and PC is generally OK in all other regards and...
  9. Switching user at startup.

Switching user at startup.: Hello, I inherited a laptop from my dad which I put Windows 10 onto last week. I know the admin username and password but not the login details of his girlfriend (Not on speaking terms). Unfortunately today, the laptop has decided to startup showing her account and is...
  10. Switch User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch User in Windows 10: How to: Switch User in Windows 10 How to Switch User in Windows 10 If you have more than one user account on your PC, Fast User Switching is an easy way for you to switch between accounts or for another user to sign in to Windows without signing you out or closing your...