Windows 10: User taking up 50+ GB of storage

Discus and support User taking up 50+ GB of storage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So me and my dad has a computer togheter, but we are struggeling a bit with space on our C drive. The thing is, if I look at the storage sense tab, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arre27, Jan 10, 2020.

1. /u/Arre27 Win User

User taking up 50+ GB of storage

So me and my dad has a computer togheter, but we are struggeling a bit with space on our C drive. The thing is, if I look at the storage sense tab, my user only takes up 15GB of space while my dads user takes up 52 GB.

Is there a reason for this?

submitted by /u/Arre27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arre27, Jan 10, 2020
  2. caedwards Win User

Storage - Other Users

I have 650 GB of storage listed as Other Users. What is this and how do I find out what is in this storage area? I am the only user on my laptop running Windows 10.

caedwards, Jan 10, 2020
  3. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. User taking up 50+ GB of storage - Similar Threads - User taking 50+

2. User accounts taking up storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts taking up storage: I have a desktop device in work that is used in a meeting room, multiple users sign into this device when conducting meetings and the storage is now full on it and users accounts are taking up over 100 GB of storage on this. I was wondering if I delete the user account off...
  3. User accounts taking up storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User accounts taking up storage: I have a desktop device in work that is used in a meeting room, multiple users sign into this device when conducting meetings and the storage is now full on it and users accounts are taking up over 100 GB of storage on this. I was wondering if I delete the user account off...
  4. User accounts taking up storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown taking up 50 % of drive

Unknown taking up 50 % of drive: Hello! so i have an issue where im missing chunk of my drive i have search the web far and wide in search of a fix for this. i have tried shadow files, disc cleanup and with exta privlages i have tried diffrent command on cmd and i have no clue what to do please help me :...
  6. Unknown taking up 50 % of drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown taking up 50 % of drive: Hello! so i have an issue where im missing chunk of my drive i have search the web far and wide in search of a fix for this. i have tried shadow files, disc cleanup and with exta privlages i have tried diffrent command on cmd and i have no clue what to do please help me :...
  7. Unknown taking up 50 % of drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Temporary files and Apps + Games taking up 11.1 GB in storage Settings

Temporary files and Apps + Games taking up 11.1 GB in storage Settings: For some reason, both my Temporary Files and the Apps and games section on my Storage settings are each taking up 5 gigabytes of storage.I've cleared my Temp and %Temp% folders,used Disk Cleanup,Defragmented my C: drive,and cleaned using Storage Space and nothing seems to...
  9. System taking up 899 GB of storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System taking up 899 GB of storage: I recently installed windows on my mac through bootcamp. The only thing I did once I opened windows was install a few games that wasn’t available on mac. However, the systems was taking up 899 GB of storage. How do I fix this problem? What I’ve tried: Restarting my mac...
  10. Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space: So my "temporary files" was taking up over 60 gb of storage. When I looked to see what i could delete, I could only delete like 10 gb, and that was almost entirely from my downloads folder which has indie games and sound clips. There was 50 gigabytes i couldnt delete. So I...