Windows 10: User to User Data Migration

Discus and support User to User Data Migration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I got my current device, I used my parents Microsoft account for the main user and administrator on it. Now that I have my own account, I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PolybusMeyer, Jul 13, 2020.

1. User to User Data Migration

When I got my current device, I used my parents Microsoft account for the main user and administrator on it. Now that I have my own account, I want to make a user using my personal information, but everything is on the first account. Is there a way I can migrate all the data from that user to mine without having to go through everything and find out what settings I need to change, what apps I need to reinstall, etc. or will I just have to bite the bullet?

:)

PolybusMeyer, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Several problems with user account in windows 10

Wow thank you for the help, how can I migrate the data? I wouldn't lose anything?

Eneko Torres Gómez, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

User to User Data Migration

Several problems with user account in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and efforts in troubleshooting. According to the information, the issue might be due to user profile corruption. Since you have already created a new user account and verified all the settings, I would suggest you to migrate
    all the data to new user account and then delete the older account. Migrate all the data from all the folder from location C:/Users/OldUsername to the new folder in C:/Users/NewUserName except these files:

• Ntuser.dat
    • Ntuser.dat.log
    • Ntuser.ini

Once all your data is migrated, sign in to new user account and check all your data/settings & delete the old account. Please make sure that you create an Administrator account not a standard account.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

User to User Data Migration

1. User to User Data Migration - Similar Threads - User User Data

2. Is there a way to only migrate certain local users with User State Migration Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to only migrate certain local users with User State Migration Tool?: Is there a way to only migrate certain local users with User State Migration Tool?The only switch is /localonly but when migrating AD accounts you can specify specific accounts.Thanks...
  3. Is there a way to only migrate certain local users with User State Migration Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to only migrate certain local users with User State Migration Tool?: Is there a way to only migrate certain local users with User State Migration Tool?The only switch is /localonly but when migrating AD accounts you can specify specific accounts.Thanks...
  4. Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr. 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  5. Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi PC replacement scenario -> user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr. 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  6. Multi PC replacement scenario - user data and user profile migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi PC replacement scenario - user data and user profile migration: We're planning to replace appr 500 Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 PC's with new ones. The new PC's are delivered with Windows 10 and Office preinstalled and will be joined to our domain. Our goal is to transfer all their data, favorites, mail account settings etc,...
  7. system image backup fails. Migrate user data only ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system image backup fails. Migrate user data only ?: welp, this hard drive is fubar. Can't create a system image in any program because certain LBAs cause every backup software to hang and fail. So the next best option is to just migrate user data. Will Chrome browser data and cookies be transferred properly? Last time I...
  8. Migrating Users to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating Users to 10: Because my old Hard drive crapped out, I've had to upgrade to windows 10. Every member of my family has their own log in. How can I migrate the data from their old profile to the new system?...
  9. User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profile migration – migrate user accounts - UPDATE: Summary: Originally The below post was posted by Johan Ole Svensson as the result of an internal Survey on his part. Sadly he made the mistake to just point to the excellent answer over at "Experts Exchange" but "Experts Exchange" have shut down access for users without a...
  10. Desktop Bridge: Smooth User Transition and Data Migration

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Bridge: Smooth User Transition and Data Migration: The Windows 10 Creators Update will help provide smooth user transition along with some best practices for app developers to follow. This feature is available on the current insider builds. Users will be encouraged to download the store version of their desktop apps. If...