Windows 10: User without email

Discus and support User without email in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 system. I created my account with a Microsoft ID. Now I want to create one with just a username. I found this:... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mike_B_K, May 19, 2019.

1. Mike_B_K Win User

User without email

I have a new Windows 10 system. I created my account with a Microsoft ID. Now I want to create one with just a username.

I found this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security-winpc/create-user-account-without-email-in-windows-10/ef37a140-9e5b-43d0-9c5a-71731eae6ecd
    which showed me how to create a user without an email address. I thought this solved my problem. Nope.

When I try and log in, I select other user, it wants email address & password. Well that's not what I want. I click sign-in options and it gives me a choice of email/password or username/PIN. I don't have a PIN for this user. How do I create a PIN for another user? Or is there a way I can log in with username/password?

This is not very intuitive.

Mike

:)

Mike_B_K, May 19, 2019
  2. fisher99 Win User

Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, May 19, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 19, 2019
  4. User without email

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, May 19, 2019
Thema:

User without email

1. User without email - Similar Threads - User without email

2. Can you switch emails under a user on windows without making a new user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you switch emails under a user on windows without making a new user.: My Microsoft acc got hacked and couldn’t be restored, so I made a new one. How can I switch the user without making a new one or losing everything in the current user?...
  3. Can you switch emails under a user on windows without making a new user.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you switch emails under a user on windows without making a new user.: My Microsoft acc got hacked and couldn’t be restored, so I made a new one. How can I switch the user without making a new one or losing everything in the current user?...
  4. User Name changing without user input

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Name changing without user input: I have a notebook for an employee who's user name was "Kim." This morning her notebook now shows her user name as "Kim_KXVYL." No one intentionally changed her user name. How could such a change happen unintentionally? I don't know if it is related but this users desktop...
  5. User Name changing without user input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Name changing without user input: I have a notebook for an employee who's user name was "Kim." This morning her notebook now shows her user name as "Kim_KXVYL." No one intentionally changed her user name. How could such a change happen unintentionally? I don't know if it is related but this users desktop...
  6. Create new user without email (child) with simply name

Create new user without email (child) with simply name: How can I, the user with Administrative Privileges, create a new user in Windows without an email? If I can't do that, how can I have the user name be something like "George" instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***?...
  7. create user and login without email

create user and login without email: I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental restrictions....
  8. Email without Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email without Outlook: My new computer will not receive my e-mail. I do not know how to set up the protocol, including my password to the account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-without-outlook/3fd01494-67b0-46d3-83f5-53acbf4392b0
  9. User account by live.com email forced without asking

User account by live.com email forced without asking: I upgraded with a name only user in win 10 and no password. NICE! Then I went to Microsoft embedded store that requires a live.com email. Win 10 converted my female named user account to my male named live.com email name as my current user and renamed it without asking....
  10. Can One Create User without creating a Email account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can One Create User without creating a Email account?: I am just dumb founded that I cannot create a user account without creating a email account for the user. I don't want to create a email for a child. This is unacceptable. Is there any way to create one without the invasion. 70463