Windows 10: UserID

Discus and support UserID in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i change my userID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/userid/22ef5c71-abdd-4b4d-903a-2969b5c8b4db Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonMoon1, Dec 30, 2020.

1. JonMoon1 Win User

UserID

how do i change my userID

:)

JonMoon1, Dec 30, 2020
  2. HammerON Win User

Milestones

userid is okay - I don't mind*Smile UserID :)
    Thanks for asking!

HammerON, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    forgot my userid

Userid or password?

Userid will show on the login screen.

Ztruker, Dec 30, 2020
  4. edwardswm Win User

UserID

Creating a user profile on Windows 10 using a specified userid

I hope my comments eventually reach Microsoft developers as a strong suggestion.

My problem began when I first powered up my new Windows 10 laptop and was guided through the process of creating my user profile. Microsoft seems to want to intertwine my user account with my Microsoft account, which I'm not thrilled about, but my main complaint
    is that the procedure did not give me the opportunity to enter a userid. It derived a userid from the email address that I specified in my Microsoft account login data, and that's NOT the userid I wanted. Once that happens, \Users contains a folder by that
    unwanted name and it cannot (easily at least) be changed.

After some research, I finally figured out that I needed to create a local user ID. So, I have done that and deleted the first account I created. But, I'm peeved that Microsoft made that path virtually unnoticeable to someone who does not know what is about
    to happen. So, a local userid is what I really want, but my main complaint is that the main path for creating a user profile with an associated Microsoft account is screwed up. Have the user enter their preferred userid. If there actually is a way to do this,
    I didn't notice it. Other people had the same complain I did, so apparently it's easy to miss.

Regards,

Will

edwardswm, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

UserID

1. UserID - Similar Threads - UserID

2. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  3. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  4. Why can't I use any userid and password pair that I want in windows Remote desk top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use any userid and password pair that I want in windows Remote desk top: Why can't I use my own name as a user when trying to Remote desktop between two computers in my own home not more than 2 feet apart via ethernet. I bought the two PCs they have no other users, yet I cannot connect them. Even when I use "Everyone" as a user, the Remote Desktop...
  5. Why can't I use any userid and password pair that I want in windows Remote desk top

Why can't I use any userid and password pair that I want in windows Remote desk top: Why can't I use my own name as a user when trying to Remote desktop between two computers in my own home not more than 2 feet apart via ethernet. I bought the two PCs they have no other users, yet I cannot connect them. Even when I use "Everyone" as a user, the Remote Desktop...
  6. Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID: I have very recently learned about a company that automatically uses your email account UserID for creating an identical UserID when you register to use that company's services.To my mind that is a security nightmare.May I ask for your opinion about this?Thank you....
  7. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid: Hi, On sites that require a userid and then a password, after entering the user id, i can't enter the password. I can restart Windows Explorer re a past suggestion here but this does not always work. I am using a PC, Windows 11, and the problem exists whether I use Edge,...
  8. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid: Hi, On sites that require a userid and then a password, after entering the user id, i can't enter the password. I can restart Windows Explorer re a past suggestion here but this does not always work. I am using a PC, Windows 11, and the problem exists whether I use Edge,...
  9. How do I delete the admin userid and then invoke OOBE without reloading Windows

How do I delete the admin userid and then invoke OOBE without reloading Windows: I have developed a ministry of restoring old computers. I take an old machine, clean it, erase the hard drive and then install a fresh copy of Windows 10. I test everything by applying all the outstanding Windows updates. Then I install all the drivers from the manufacturer....
  10. How do I delete the admin userid and then invoke OOBE without reloading Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I delete the admin userid and then invoke OOBE without reloading Windows: I have developed a ministry of restoring old computers. I take an old machine, clean it, erase the hard drive and then install a fresh copy of Windows 10. I test everything by applying all the outstanding Windows updates. Then I install all the drivers from the manufacturer....