Windows 10: UserManager service

Discus and support UserManager service in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to disable it, but first I need to find out what it does. I understand that every service can be disabled, but what happens if I turn it off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evgeniy77777, Jan 29, 2020.

1. UserManager service

I want to disable it, but first I need to find out what it does. I understand that every service can be disabled, but what happens if I turn it off?

submitted by /u/evgeniy77777
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/evgeniy77777, Jan 29, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 29, 2020
  4. UserManager service

Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

UserManager service

1. UserManager service - Similar Threads - UserManager service

2. System Service Exception - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Service Exception - Windows 10: I got a blue screen on my Windows 10. I don't remember exactly what it says, but it was something like 'system service exception'. After some time I got that again. It seems like it happens when I start a game. I think it's an issue with Graphics Card. I am updating the...
  3. “User profile service failed the sign in” how can I fix this problem please thank you.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    “User profile service failed the sign in” how can I fix this problem please thank you.: “User profile service failed the sign in” how can I fix this problem please thank you. When i try to fix bios it ask me recovery key id how can i get my recovery key...
  4. Setup 'Windows Time' service to synchronize time only manually

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setup 'Windows Time' service to synchronize time only manually: Hello, we need to turn off automatic Windows 10 time synchronization on specific machines and trigger time synchronization requests only on specific times triggered by a .NET app. We could not yet find other possible solution than using the tool 'w32tm' with option...
  5. How do i Fix a broken windows service that even SFC and Dism says is fine ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i Fix a broken windows service that even SFC and Dism says is fine ?: So i have the "DiagTrack" service stuck in "Starting" ( I need it for a few things ) It never starts. i also cant stop it or restart it. SFC/scannow = No issues Same for dism commands "sc queryex {DiagTrack}" error 1060 give out this service isnt installed on this...
  6. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  7. Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM: I have 16GB of memory installed in my system and there are an ungodly amount of Service Host Applications that appear in task manager that are taking up almost constantly 95% of my RAM. I get that it is a feature in newer Windows 10, but I would like to be able to play a game...
  8. Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus?

Group of Microsoft services changing their name on every reboot. Bug or Virus?: I have a group of services changing their name on every reboot. This seems suspicious to me, but the file signatures seem to be valid.[ATTACH] All attempts to stop these from starting has failed forced all of them to disabled after stopping all. Also whenever I open the...
  9. Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Service Has Stopped, Restart It Now.: I get this message every time I go onto Windows Security Defender, as well as every defending thing has been turned off, and it refuses to turn back on. Every time I click "Restart Now," it says there was an "Unexpected Error". I have already tried to use the registry key...
  10. what are the details of the Assure tech service plan?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    what are the details of the Assure tech service plan?: what are the details of the Assure tech service plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-details-of-the-assure-tech-service/33453d07-71cd-4e80-af5a-2ff0bd342de4"