Windows 10: username.000 issue - deleting a profile

Discus and support username.000 issue - deleting a profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to know how to safely delete my old profile,after experiencing the username.000 problem. Apologies, if I am using account/profile/folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul O'C, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Paul O'C Win User

username.000 issue - deleting a profile

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I would like to know how to safely delete my old profile,after experiencing the username.000 problem.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1][/COLOR]
    Apologies, if I am using account/profile/folder expressions,incorrectly here.

Anyway, originally, the username Paul was my only [COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]account folder. One day, I found that this folder only had an'AppData' folder in it, and everything else photos, documents, etc had beencopied to the 'Paul.000' folder. I tried a few things suggested here and endedup creating a new account profile, "PaulNew". I have beensuccessfully using it for a year now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1][/COLOR]
    It appears that original copies of all my photos/documents etc areall still in the Paul.000 folder. I was wondering if anyone could advise me how to delete it and the original Paul folder, to free up space.

Thanks

Paul

you had probably guessed my name, by now

:)

Paul O'C, Apr 7, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 7, 2021
  3. v444 Win User
    script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

v444, Apr 7, 2021
  4. username.000 issue - deleting a profile

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

username.000 issue - deleting a profile

1. username.000 issue - deleting a profile - Similar Threads - username 000 issue

2. How to DELETE the Windows.old and Windows.old.000 folder PERMANENTLY ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to DELETE the Windows.old and Windows.old.000 folder PERMANENTLY ?: These two folders are annoying me, I'm unable to delete both of them. Both the folders are taking up too much space on the disk, around 11GB. Whenever, I try to delete them permanently, I get a message that, you don't have the permissions.Please help!!!...
  3. Username with computer name profile?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username with computer name profile?: I created a new user account and logged into that account as Administrator. Then I deleted the old user account under the profile settings and then finally, deleted the old account. However, I noticed that for the new account profile folder, it has my computer name along with...
  4. Folder found.000 unable to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder found.000 unable to delete: Hi MVPs, I am having an issue with deleting found.000 folder. OS is windows 10 pro. There is an invincible .chk file in there cannot be seen anywhere in file explorer In command prompt however, using command dir /a:hd F:\found.000, the file can be seen Tried multiple...
  5. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...
  6. New user created username.000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New user created username.000: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates. My original user name was Mark, now there is a Mark.000, which also happens to contain all my files now. The original Mark user now only...
  7. How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete Found.000 directory and subdirectories?: I'm facing a rather strange situation. I have a directory on an external hard disk named found.000. Its attributes are Hidden and System. Inside it there is another directory named dir_00000000.chk. That one also has Hidden and System attributes. Now it's worth noting that...
  8. Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles: So I've had a problem with the most recent update, July 2019, and have found that, though not terribly common, updates sometimes bug out and dont reintegrate the temp profile, often marked with .000, with the main profile. Is it possible to rip that section out of the...
  9. username.000 folder has all appdata(s), I want only username folder to have appdata(s)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    username.000 folder has all appdata(s), I want only username folder to have appdata(s): After I updated my windows to Windows 10 1903 version, I noticed that within user folder it contains a username.000 folder which is having all the appdata as well as username folder too. But I want my all appdata to reside in username folder and I also do not want to revert...
  10. Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?: Yesterday had the folder "windows.old.000" and now no longer appears, as I can get it back? There are very important folders in "desktop" that I has there, please help!!! 66859