Windows 10: Username change in C: drive

Discus and support Username change in C: drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to install Matlab on my computer but it won't open since I have Turkish characters in my Win10 account name. I tried changing my username... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pinar Toptas, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Username change in C: drive

I am trying to install Matlab on my computer but it won't open since I have Turkish characters in my Win10 account name. I tried changing my username via the path; control panel>user account>change my name but it did nothing to what's displayed in the command prompt.

I need a quick solution to this problem, will be waiting for your message.

Thank you.

:)

Pinar Toptas, Dec 20, 2018

2. How to change the username in C: drive on Windows 10?

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to convert the existing account to Microsoft account with administrator privileges and check if it helps.

Step 1: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to enable built-in admin account to change the current user account's type.

Steps to Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active:yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active:no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: Log-in with the Built-in admin account to change the account type and try the below.

• From Built-in account, press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Under Group Membership tab and select Administrator as user account type.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you are facing issues changing the user account type, we will help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Username change in C: drive

change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Username change in C: drive

1. Username change in C: drive - Similar Threads - Username change drive

2. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  3. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  4. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  5. Username folder in drive C

6. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  7. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  8. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to change c:/users/*username*?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change c:/users/*username*?: When I first set up my PC, it set up my username as my email which was something really stupid I made when I was 12. I can't seem to find out how to change it and all the tutorials make it seem really complicated. Surely there has to be an easy way to change it, right?...
  10. Changing C:\Users\USERNAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing C:\Users\USERNAME: When setting up a computer, you are initially prompted to create a username. Once this name is created, how can it be changed? To be clear, you can change your personal account name (found under Settings>Account>Your Info), but this does not change C:\Users\USERNAME (or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c drive name change

2. how to change user name in c drive

3. c drive user name change

4. how to change user name c drive,
  5. change c drive user name windows 10,
  6. how to change user name on c drive,
  7. how to change c drive username,
  8. change user name in c drive,
  9. how to change username on c drive,
  10. change user name in C: drive,
  11. how to change user names in c drive,